Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Lycanthrope

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 1, 2005
Brussels, Belgium, Europe
Hi All

Got myself an Apple TV because I was fed-up with burning DVD's plus I wanted my full MP3 collection available in the living room with a nice interface.

So here I am trying to convert some files to the correct format using QT PRO - I have a 2GB HD and it has been running for 12 hours with an estimate still of 29 hours to complete.

This is on my Mac Pro as detailed in my signature.

Is this normal or is something amiss?

Cheers

Lycanthrope

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 1, 2005
Brussels, Belgium, Europe
Pffff I should have dug deeper, I paid 30EUR for the QT PRO upgrade last night...

I just tried Visual HUB on the 2 minute trial mode and it is trashing QTP in performance. Added to that it has a batch mode which is very appealing.

Cheers

PS. about time Apple pulled their finger out of their **** and supported more formats, no?

.mark.

macrumors 6502
May 28, 2007
Jersey, C.I.
depending on what the file is your converting you might be able to do a passthrough for the video and/or audio. This is a very quick way of getting a media file into a different format - I don't know if you are familiar with this process but it's lossless so you won't loss any quality. If this option is available you should defo use it. I do it through qtpro via file>export.

dawnraid

macrumors regular
Nov 9, 2007
iSquint

If you dont want to pay for visual hub, you can use iSquint, its the free component of visual hub that will still let you convert awesome looking videos for apple tv / iPod, really quickly. http://www.isquint.org/

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.