Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Have you noticed any typing improvements in iOS 12?

• I use a third party keyboard

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

nunezve

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 21, 2015
I am not sure if it's just me but I feel that QuickType and Autocorrect have been awful for the past few versions of iOS, maybe since they started implementing heavy Machine Learning algorithms to predict what the user is trying to type. As a person that switches between languages many times a day, it seems that Apple FINALLY got it together, it has been working beautifully in iOS 12 beta IMHO.

Has anyone else noticed this?

Reactions: hxlover904

BlueKhufu

macrumors regular
Nov 27, 2010
I am not sure if it's just me but I feel that QuickType and Autocorrect have been awful for the past few versions of iOS, maybe since they started implementing heavy Machine Learning algorithms to predict what the user is trying to type. As a person that switches between languages many times a day, it seems that Apple FINALLY got it together, it has been working beautifully in iOS 12 beta IMHO.

Has anyone else noticed this?
[doublepost=1528218737][/doublepost]I agree, first thing I noticed. Seems like the past couple years I couldn’t type a sentence without it getting something wrong but so far I feel like it’s back to normal.

nunezve

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 21, 2015
[doublepost=1528218737][/doublepost]I agree, first thing I noticed. Seems like the past couple years I couldn’t type a sentence without it getting something wrong but so far I feel like it’s back to normal.

Great to know, thanks! Besides the guys on the ATP podcast I haven't heard anybody else complain about this whatsoever. But yeah, I haven't made nearly as many typing mistakes since I got the beta yesterday.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.