Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mosco

macrumors regular
May 26, 2002
Re: The real question to ask about the 9700...

Originally posted by RogueLdr

If Apple puts the 9700 in their PowerMacs, then there will be an ADC port. Apple would never require any of their computers that REQUIRE a seperate monitor to use a DVI-ADC converter. So what we really need to know is wether this chip will migrate over to Cupertino.

Just my $2/100

RL

of course they will add an ADC port if apple includes it. I am just passing on onformation. Alot of people assumed that because the 9000 Pro retail had an ADC port that the 9700 retail would and were spreading misinformation. Here is qoute from macgamer forums from the ATI guy:

As for the 9700 supporting ADC that has never been mentioned and it has not been decided upon yet. If you want a ADC support for that card I suggest that you and everybody else you know who would like it write to ATI about it. We had a moderately long discussion about this over at IMG's forums.

RogueLdr

macrumors regular
Jul 22, 2002
People's Republic of Ann Arbor
OIC

Sorry Mosco,

I didn't realize that the retail 9000 had ADC included on the Mac version. If that card is identical to the 9000 that comes with the PowerMacs, then perhaps it is dependent on Apple adopting the 9700 for their line of towers for ATi to include ADC on the 9700.

Regardless, I'm sending an email request for this feature to ATi as you suggested.

Thanks for the clarification, and sorry if I made a "Well...DUH!!" post.

RL

aznatari

macrumors member
Jul 28, 2002
NJ
The ATI Radon 9700 certainly blows away the GForce 4 MX for both Mac and PC. For PC, it even blows away the GForce 4 Ti4600 in some tests. Overall, I would definitely buy the ATI 9700 over the GForce 4MX if you could afford its heafty pricetag.

atari

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.