Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JonoH

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 11, 2013
Abu Dhabi UAE
Is it just me.. or is iTunes Radio working again now for non Apple Music subscribers?

its been fine for the last day or two.. I'm an iTunes Plus subscriber but it was taken away back in Jan and now it seems to have been returned to us!

Goatllama

macrumors 6502a
Jun 24, 2015
Mountaintop Lair
If this is real I might scream quietly....... made such a big hubbub about taking it away only to give it back? But I guess it wouldn't be the first time.

Alrescha

macrumors 68020
Jan 1, 2008
All the iTunes Radio links give me a sign-up dialog, so I do not know what the OP is talking about.

A.

JonoH

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 11, 2013
Abu Dhabi UAE
My vocal cords are saved!

Here are two shots from my phone. I'm not an Apple Music subscriber yet my radio stations are working again.

I subscribe to iTunes Match so maybe they have given it back to those users who have match?
[doublepost=1457751773][/doublepost]
What's iTunes Plus?
The old name for iTunes Match where you had ad free radio too. Now it's just iTunes Match.

Radio is still working perfectly 24 hours later

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    614.8 KB · Views: 145
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    54 KB · Views: 166

Alrescha

macrumors 68020
Jan 1, 2008
Here are two shots from my phone.

Except that none of the visible radio stations are playing. Your phone is playing music, but the source is unknown.

I am no longer a Match subscriber and iTunes Radio does not work for me.

A.

JonoH

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 11, 2013
Abu Dhabi UAE
Except that none of the visible radio stations are playing. Your phone is playing music, but the source is unknown.

I am no longer a Match subscriber and iTunes Radio does not work for me.

A.
.. its working for me.

the fact that my screen loads radio without a prompt to join apple music should have been good enough guide for you but here is a shot of my phone now playing a station. the earlier shot showing I'm not a apple music subscriber still stands.

Attachments

• IMG_8917.PNG
    IMG_8917.PNG
    1.1 MB · Views: 147

Alrescha

macrumors 68020
Jan 1, 2008
the fact that my screen loads radio without a prompt to join apple music should have been good enough guide for you

My screen loads radio without a prompt. As I said earlier, if I click on anything I get a dialog box to join Apple Music.

All I was saying was that your screenshot did not demonstrate what you were trying to demonstrate.

A.

Reactions: whsbuss
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.