Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JamesRubin

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 29, 2008
New York
Until my purchase of a new MacBook Pro with Sonoma, I had been using an app called Radio Recorder to schedule automatic recording and saving of a radio show I like every week.

With Sonoma, it says this app is damaged, and its developer doesn't seem to have updated it.

Can anyone recommend an app on which I can schedule and record (without listening at the same time) radio broadcasts available through internet. I'm thinking specifically of WBGo_Org, the jazz station. (This posting changes the O to a silly face.)

Many thanks, James

JamesRubin

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 29, 2008
New York
If you can't get Radio Recorder working again, some alternative suggestions here:
Many thanks for your suggestions. The problem is being able to schedule weekly recordings in the background. For example, I want to record my jazz station, WBGO, every Saturday from 8:00 am to 2:00 pm. I want this to happen automatically so I can play the recordings back any time I want. None of your suggested apps appear to have this ability, unless there's something I overlooked. James

bogdanw

macrumors 603
Mar 10, 2009
Can you share the link to the Radio Recorder app? I'm curios why is not working in Sonoma.

JamesRubin

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 29, 2008
New York
Yes, that's exactly it. When I try to load it on Sonoma, it says it's damaged. If you can fix it you're a genius. Many thanks. I have never yet found an adequate substitute. It's simple; it works! James But when I now try to download a fresh version, Apple Store says it's not available in my region or country.

P.S. Why does your post say I am ignoring content by this member.

DoctorFedora

macrumors regular
Jun 8, 2010
In my own case, I've encountered the "this app is damaged" issue a couple of times for apps downloaded from the Mac App Store on a different account. I've fixed it by logging in with that account (in my case I have a separate user account on my Mac logged in to that account that I can switch over to) and running the app from there, or in some cases re-downloading it.

So, well, maybe that might be part of it?

JamesRubin

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 29, 2008
New York
It's not even available on the App Store any more, so I can't re-download it. I assume it hasn't been adapted to Apple silicon. So I've been looking for substitutes that can perform the same way.

Fishrrman

macrumors Penryn
Feb 20, 2009
Would AudioHijack Pro do the job?
(assuming that it has been updated to work with the latest OS's)

bogdanw

macrumors 603
Mar 10, 2009
The app works on Apple Silicon Sonoma 14.1.1 (23B81)
You might still find it in the purchased section of the App Store, see "Install apps that you purchased on a different device"
https://support.apple.com/guide/app-store/install-and-reinstall-purchased-apps-fir0fb69db23/mac
Radio Recorder.jpg

scighera

macrumors newbie
May 8, 2024
Sorry for posting on such an old thread, but @JamesRubin - I had the same problem as you with Radio Recorder (and was receiving the same error as you).
I had copied `Radio Recorder.app` to my new computer and moved it to `Applications`. In order to be able to open it, I had to open Terminal and run the following:
Bash:
cd /Applications
xattr -c Radio\ Recorder.app

I found the `xattr` command at https://discussions.apple.com/thread/253714860?sortBy=best. You may need to give Terminal permissions to modify files for this command to work (you should get a notification when you run the `xattr` command for the first time.

Made an account to post this, as it took me a while to figure it out. Hope this helps you (or anyone else) :D

• Love
Reactions: Ben J.

Ben J.

macrumors 6502a
Aug 29, 2019
Oslo
Sorry for posting on such an old thread, but @JamesRubin - I had the same problem as you with Radio Recorder (and was receiving the same error as you).
I had copied `Radio Recorder.app` to my new computer and moved it to `Applications`. In order to be able to open it, I had to open Terminal and run the following:
Bash:
cd /Applications
xattr -c Radio\ Recorder.app

I found the `xattr` command at https://discussions.apple.com/thread/253714860?sortBy=best. You may need to give Terminal permissions to modify files for this command to work (you should get a notification when you run the `xattr` command for the first time.

Made an account to post this, as it took me a while to figure it out. Hope this helps you (or anyone else) :D
Hi. And welcome to the forum.
I just want to say thank you for posting this.
Very useful info.

The macrumors forum is still one of the best resources for all things apple, but it's not something to be taken for granted. Many forums have dacayed and turned into messy places with unhelpful quarreling, and the really knowledgable people disappearing as a result.

Your contribution is most appreciated.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.