Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tongteh

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 16, 2008
i dunno if this game is famous, but i am curious about what did others get for this game.. :) It was pretty hard for me to get up to 2.7million score.. do post some of your high score in this thread.. :)

Attachments

• GetAttachment.jpg
    GetAttachment.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 107

genshi

macrumors 6502a
i dunno if this game is famous, but i am curious about what did others get for this game.. :) It was pretty hard for me to get up to 2.7million score.. do post some of your high score in this thread.. :)

That's an incredibly great score! May even be close to what the developers were getting with their scores...

Is it a remake of an older game?

No. It is an original game made exclusively for the iPhone. I am not the developer but I was hired by them to make music for the game which was done about a month ago and was going to be included in their 1.04 update... unfortunately they also had another app (which I did the sound fx for) that was just recently rejected by Apple and because of this, they are boycotting the App store. :( Which means no update for Radius and no music. (the update I think was also going to include a community scoreboard so everyone can compare scores.) :mad:

To read more about the situation go to their blog here.

Also, ArsTechnica has an extensive article on the [various] App rejections.

tongteh

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 16, 2008
That's an incredibly great score! May even be close to what the developers were getting with their scores...

No. It is an original game made exclusively for the iPhone. I am not the developer but I was hired by them to make music for the game which was done about a month ago and was going to be included in their 1.04 update... unfortunately they also had another app (which I did the sound fx for) that was just recently rejected by Apple and because of this, they are boycotting the App store. :( Which means no update for Radius and no music. (the update I think was also going to include a community scoreboard so everyone can compare scores.) :mad:

To read more about the situation go to their blog here.

Also, ArsTechnica has an extensive article on the [various] App rejections.

Oh, it's great to know that the score isn't bad.. what did the developers get? 3million? 5million? :p it would definitely be great to have music while play radius. :)

good luck with your work and hopefully it would get approve soon.. :)

genshi

macrumors 6502a
Oh, it's great to know that the score isn't bad.. what did the developers get? 3million? 5million? :p it would definitely be great to have music while play radius. :)

good luck with your work and hopefully it would get approve soon.. :)

Most people are getting scores in the tens or hundreds of thousands. So anything in the millions is good. The developer had emailed me awhile back to let me know that in one 25 minute session he got a score of 9,320,000!

As for the music, yeah, disappointed that Radius may not get the 1.04 update. I did about 8 different tracks for them which I may now release as a preview/demo to get further iPhone game work (if any developers out there need music for their games... ;) )

The newer app which got rejected was rejected, according to Apple, due to "limited utility to the broad iPhone and iPod touch user community." Yes it was a novelty app, but much more polished and fun than many of the other "novelty" apps I've seen lately (including some that have just recently been accepted!)

And the devs have already gone back and forth with Apple on this, so I don't think it's going to get accepted at all, but I do hope so because these devs are really cool guys and it would be a shame to lose their contribution to the iPhone community (even before the app store, they worked on the iPhone Apollo IM app which was the first native Instant Messaging app for jailbroken iPhones.)

We'll have to see how this all plays out I guess...

rKunda

macrumors 68000
Jul 14, 2008
I lost my high scores when I had my phone replaced. I think my high was a few hundred thousand, like 2 or 3. I've lost interest in the game due to the barrage of games, and Galcon and Wurdle. I do plan to revisit it, though.

PatternMakingCo

macrumors newbie
Oct 2, 2008
Sorry about the no music thing

Hey Guys,

I'm 1/2 of the two man team that made Radius. We'd like to say that we greatly appreciate the warm reception of our game. It's not based on an older design.

You may have seen our previous work, we were both on the team that made Apollo IM 1.0.

Unfortunately, we're currently not planning to produce any more apps. Not only has Apple rejected our second offering, Cool O'Meter 3000, on dubious grounds but they have also neglected to provide us a means to dispute the decision. As noted above you can read more about this situation in my personal blog, ThatGraph.com.

Music was indeed slated for an update. The talented composer, Craig Perkins, has commented above. We thank him immensely for putting in the time for us. I regret that his contribution was caught in the cross fire.

On a lighter note, the high score as far as I know is still 9,423,055!

photo.jpg

Thanks a million to all who have supported us. Without you Radius would not have been possible.

Thanks again,
Michael Tseng

tongteh

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 16, 2008
Hey Guys,

I'm 1/2 of the two man team that made Radius. We'd like to say that we greatly appreciate the warm reception of our game. It's not based on an older design.

You may have seen our previous work, we were both on the team that made Apollo IM 1.0.

Unfortunately, we're currently not planning to produce any more apps. Not only has Apple rejected our second offering, Cool O'Meter 3000, on dubious grounds but they have also neglected to provide us a means to dispute the decision. As noted above you can read more about this situation in my personal blog, ThatGraph.com.

Music was indeed slated for an update. The talented composer, Craig Perkins, has commented above. We thank him immensely for putting in the time for us. I regret that his contribution was caught in the cross fire.

On a lighter note, the high score as far as I know is still 9,423,055!

photo.jpg

Thanks a million to all who have supported us. Without you Radius would not have been possible.

Thanks again,
Michael Tseng

I must say your high score is very impressive and also Radius game is absolutely awesome.. Radius make use of the iphone ability very well and i love this game very much..

Just except for the fact of no online score and music support, but overall it's still an awesome game.. i will try to beat your score!! :) i will come back again and post a > 10million score.. :p

SlapMonkey

macrumors regular
Jun 15, 2008
@pattermakingco:

yeah, i gotta say, i appreciate what you guys are trying to do with the not wanting to make more apps and stuff because of the way apple is treating you, but as a fan of radius and more importantly, as someone who has purchased it, i really expected an update to add music and the online scoring. that's what i saw was coming in the description in the app store and that's why i bought it early.

now if you are just going to give up on us loyal users who have already purchased your app, well, that doesn't say much for you or your company. i really think you should reconsider and update radius like you promised you would. don't let apple dictate your success on this platform!

just my 2 cents from a loyal but about to be disheartened radius user.

WhySoSerious

macrumors 65816
Jun 30, 2007
Dallas, TX
@pattermakingco:

yeah, i gotta say, i appreciate what you guys are trying to do with the not wanting to make more apps and stuff because of the way apple is treating you, but as a fan of radius and more importantly, as someone who has purchased it, i really expected an update to add music and the online scoring. that's what i saw was coming in the description in the app store and that's why i bought it early.

now if you are just going to give up on us loyal users who have already purchased your app, well, that doesn't say much for you or your company. i really think you should reconsider and update radius like you promised you would. don't let apple dictate your success on this platform!

I agree with you 100%. I also bought Radius and expected this update that they mentioned.

My thoughts are that if you're p|ssed at Apple and don't want to do business with them, that is fine. However, I feel you owe it to your fan/user base that purchased your Radius app to continue with Radius enhancements/improvements/updates/bug fixes. It seems as though Pattern is punishing the user base for something they have no control over.

don't make more apps for Apple, that's cool.....but at least take care of your customers who did buy Radius....otherwise, we may remember your names on your future products and just pull something like you did to apple and not bother buying from you because you stuck it to us in the past.

@pattermakingco:

now if you are just going to give up on us loyal users who have already purchased your app, well, that doesn't say much for you or your company. i really think you should reconsider and update radius like you promised you would. don't let apple dictate your success on this platform.

I agree with you 100%. I also bought Radius and expected this update that they mentioned.

My thoughts are that if you're p|ssed at Apple and don't want to do business with them, that is fine. However, I feel you owe it to your fan/user base that purchased your Radius app to continue with Radius enhancements/improvements/updates/bug fixes. It seems as though Pattern is punishing the user base for something they have no control over.

don't make more apps for Apple, that's cool.....but at least take care of your customers who did buy Radius....otherwise, we may remember your names on your future products and just pull something like you did to apple and not bother buying from you because you stuck it to us in the past.

Yep, I've got to agree with you guys as well. I like Radius quite a bit but I was really hoping for music in the game and when I saw that it was going to be in the 1.04 update, I was glad.

But now the developers are whining because their next app doesn't really do anything and they're taking it out on us? Fine, don't continue making new apps if it was that much trouble to get your second app polished and approved by Apple, but at least finish up your first app as promised.

PatternMakingCo

macrumors newbie
Oct 2, 2008
Hello Again,

Your anger and frustration are understandable and well placed. I would like to personally and humbly apologize to all of you for the issues that our stance has caused. When I look at our user base and see how much they have already enjoyed our app it makes me want to work on an update. Threatening and insulting us however does not.

To the three disgruntled users who have written in I gladly extend to you a refund. Please email support@patternmakingco.com and we'll take care of it.

To the rest of you I would like to say that I can not promise you an update in stone but internal discussions have already started to look at ways that we can improve our game and the potential of an update.

Thank you all,
Michael Tseng

WhySoSerious

macrumors 65816
Jun 30, 2007
Dallas, TX
Hello Again,

Your anger and frustration are understandable and well placed. I would like to personally and humbly apologize to all of you for the issues that our stance has caused. When I look at our user base and see how much they have already enjoyed our app it makes me want to work on an update. Threatening and insulting us however does not.

To the three disgruntled users who have written in I gladly extend to you a refund. Please email support@patternmakingco.com and we'll take care of it.

To the rest of you I would like to say that I can not promise you an update in stone but internal discussions have already started to look at ways that we can improve our game and the potential of an update.

Thank you all,
Michael Tseng

hey buddy, first of all, don't insult me or others for speaking out. with that said, i have a few things to discuss with you from your reply:

first of all, i'm am not voicing anger or frustration with you. it's a $3 game...that's it. i have no reason to get angry over something so trivial when i have more things to worry about (turn on CNN and pay attention to what's going on with the US economy and you'll get an idea what i'm talking about).

second, no one here threatened you or insulted you. if you think people speaking up and saying they won't buy another app from you because the lost trust in you to deliver on promises, then you sorely need to revisit your idea of what running a "company" consists of and all that goes along with it. no threat or insults from any of us. that really p|ssed me off when you typed that.

third, stop labeling people who speak up and don't side on what YOU think is appropriate. we are NOT disgruntled. we merely are posting about something YOU and YOUR company stated (an update) and are not delivering.

fourth, i don't want a refund. don't sit here and insult my intelligence all throughout your post, then offer up a refund of a mere $3 to "appease" me. it's not always about money, though that's a typical business mindset of most businesses that FAIL. it's also about respect given to your customers and following through with your statements....not just money.

I'm glad to see the entrepreneurial ferocity flowing in your blood...that is great to have and something this economy needs. But I would like to see you work on improving your customer relations side of things if you want to take this company of your serious and further in life.

final point i'd like to make, you lost a customer....me. if you release anything else in the future, whether it be via the apple app store, android or wal-mart...i won't be purchasing from you again. i enjoyed the Radius app and will continue to play it, but future business will not be coming from me.

best of luck

SlapMonkey

macrumors regular
Jun 15, 2008
hey buddy, first of all, don't insult me or others for speaking out. with that said, i have a few things to discuss with you from your reply:

first of all, i'm am not voicing anger or frustration with you. it's a $3 game...that's it. i have no reason to get angry over something so trivial when i have more things to worry about (turn on CNN and pay attention to what's going on with the US economy and you'll get an idea what i'm talking about).

second, no one here threatened you or insulted you. if you think people speaking up and saying they won't buy another app from you because the lost trust in you to deliver on promises, then you sorely need to revisit your idea of what running a "company" consists of and all that goes along with it. no threat or insults from any of us. that really p|ssed me off when you typed that.

third, stop labeling people who speak up and don't side on what YOU think is appropriate. we are NOT disgruntled. we merely are posting about something YOU and YOUR company stated (an update) and are not delivering.

fourth, i don't want a refund. don't sit here and insult my intelligence all throughout your post, then offer up a refund of a mere $3 to "appease" me. it's not always about money, though that's a typical business mindset of most businesses that FAIL. it's also about respect given to your customers and following through with your statements....not just money.

I'm glad to see the entrepreneurial ferocity flowing in your blood...that is great to have and something this economy needs. But I would like to see you work on improving your customer relations side of things if you want to take this company of your serious and further in life.

final point i'd like to make, you lost a customer....me. if you release anything else in the future, whether it be via the apple app store, android or wal-mart...i won't be purchasing from you again. i enjoyed the Radius app and will continue to play it, but future business will not be coming from me.

best of luck

Very well put.

Such a shame too, I was hoping these developers would actually appreciate their users enough to follow through with what they promised, but instead now they're making it out like we're the bad guys!?! :rolleyes:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.