Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

HelixOmnimedia

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 26, 2006
Traveling The World
Raise to Wake is a great feature that I almost take for granted now. Think about it, how many time do you lift your phone to check.

I know with previous iOS a Live Wallpaper has to be forced touched to come alive and show moment.

It’s 2018 and iOS12, why can’t you just raise your phone and a Live Photo you’ve taken comes to life.

Guess this isn’t something they forgot to mention during the keynote.

Reactions: friednoodles

UKapple73

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2014
You see this is what annoys me about Apple.
This is a simple thing and why not just give us a toggle to turn these kind of features on or off? Yes it might impact battery but you know what Apple....it’s my battery and if I want a dynamic wallpaper and 80% of the battery life then why can’t I have it??

EM2013

macrumors 68020
Sep 2, 2013
I hate raise to wake. It’s way too sensitive, I have it laying on the couch or bed and a slight move it’ll turn on. Annoying.
[doublepost=1529982734][/doublepost]
You see this is what annoys me about Apple.
This is a simple thing and why not just give us a toggle to turn these kind of features on or off? Yes it might impact battery but you know what Apple....it’s my battery and if I want a dynamic wallpaper and 80% of the battery life then why can’t I have it??
I hate how they’re always removing wallpapers or excluding wallpapers from certain devices.

laszlo182

macrumors 6502
Nov 17, 2013
Bratislava, Slovakia
I also have it turned off but a Live Photo animating automatically by itself doesn’t have to be tied to Raise to Wake. It can animate anytime you anyhow wake a phone. I would welcome that.
Just have a look at first iPhone X commercial, how awesome is that, I thought it will come with those wallpapers animated. But I don’t think Apple wants that. We never got any new stock Live Photos in the settings or not even those ‘Dynamic’ ones (except for black versions for X)

Reactions: GreyOS
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.