Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Pagemakers

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Mar 28, 2008
Manchester UK
If you have no notifications what happens when you raise to wake?

Does it just show a blank home screen or will it show you some useful info like your next appointment?

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Agh. All these new features only seem half-complete. 'Almost' really useful.
Well, in that type of sense, keeping in mind that it's just the first beta of a brand new version, would likely provide some additional context to it all.

Pagemakers

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Mar 28, 2008
Manchester UK
I hope so. Other platforms have had this feature for years.

I just want to raise my phone and see my next appointments without having to click, press or slide anything else.

CyBeRino

macrumors 6502a
Jun 18, 2011
Well, in that type of sense, keeping in mind that it's just the first beta of a brand new version, would likely provide some additional context to it all.

It's astounding to me every time Apple releases a new first beta of any of their OSes that a bunch of people who don't seem to understand the concept of "early beta" then download it and complain about it being incomplete, crashing, slow or otherwise non-perfect.

OrionsByte

macrumors regular
Sep 22, 2015
I'm not an iOS developer (though I am a programmer), and I realize there are still a lot of unknowns about iOS 10, but with the new enhanced/interactive notifications/widgets it seems like while keeping a persistent presence on the lock screen may still be out of reach, there are certainly more tools available to developers to make their content available with minimal interaction.

Pagemakers

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Mar 28, 2008
Manchester UK
Shame it didn't look something like this...

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    99.1 KB · Views: 226

sj4ever

macrumors newbie
Nov 10, 2011
If you have no notifications what happens when you raise to wake?

Does it just show a blank home screen or will it show you some useful info like your next appointment?

Swipe right. You'll get configurable pane of widgets! Put your calendar there.

Pagemakers

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Mar 28, 2008
Manchester UK
I want to lift my phone. Look. Put back down.

Swiping and pressing defeats the whole purpose.

Like watch glances but for iPhone.

oftheheavens

macrumors 68000
Jul 9, 2008
cherry point
I want to lift my phone. Look. Put back down.

Swiping and pressing defeats the whole purpose.

Like watch glances but for iPhone.

i agree that it kinda defeats the purpose of raise to view when you still have to interact to actually view. Hopefully enough devs leave feedback that they change it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.