Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Virtualball

macrumors 6502
Jun 5, 2006
If you were in the states, Id give you like 60 dollars lol. Because for 90 you can get a 1 gig stick and 1 stick is MUCH better then two. Becuase with two, if you want to upgrade to 2 Gigs, you need to throw both out.

Chundles

macrumors G5
Jul 4, 2005
Don't sell the original Apple RAM. If you ever need to have your system repaired you will need to swap the original RAM back in before sending it off. Otherwise they can't eliminate the 3rd party RAM as a cause and won't be able to fix your Mac.

thebeephaha

macrumors 6502
Sep 4, 2006
Seattle WA
Virtualball said:
If you were in the states, Id give you like 60 dollars lol. Because for 90 you can get a 1 gig stick and 1 stick is MUCH better then two. Becuase with two, if you want to upgrade to 2 Gigs, you need to throw both out.

LOL...

WRONG. 1 Stick = NO DUAL CHANNEL OPERATION = SLOWER

Even most newbs know that, its well documented since the beginning of DDR and dual channel.

matttrick

macrumors 6502
Aug 28, 2006
thebeephaha said:
LOL...

WRONG. 1 Stick = NO DUAL CHANNEL OPERATION = SLOWER

Even most newbs know that, its well documented since the beginning of DDR and dual channel.

if you dont plan on upgrading any further, i would agree. but being as macbooks only have 2 slots, and for the minimal speed increase you get, i think if you have any possibility of wanting to upgrade, its better to get a single stick.

bembol

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 29, 2006
So is this the RAM for my MacBook...the Link I posted...???

Chundles said:
Don't sell the original Apple RAM. If you ever need to have your system repaired you will need to swap the original RAM back in before sending it off. Otherwise they can't eliminate the 3rd party RAM as a cause and won't be able to fix your Mac.

I have Apple Care...thanks for the warning...!!!

Chundles

macrumors G5
Jul 4, 2005
bembol said:
So is this the RAM for my MacBook...the Link I posted...???

It certainly looks like it - all the specs are correct.

bembol said:
I have Apple Care...thanks for the warning...!!!

No worries, hold onto your Apple RAM - it will come in handy.

FredClausen

macrumors regular
Aug 7, 2006
KALM
Chundles said:

Sorry but that just doesn't sound right. I'm sure at the AppleCare facilities they do have replacement RAM they can swap in and diagnose problems with.

Any proof of your claim?

purelithium

macrumors 6502
May 28, 2006
Kingston, Canada
FredClausen said:
Sorry but that just doesn't sound right. I'm sure at the AppleCare facilities they do have replacement RAM they can swap in and diagnose problems with.

Any proof of your claim?

it says it on the apple support website. At least one apple branded ram stick must remain in the computer when sent in for repair.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.