Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chaseardoin7

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 7, 2007
so. i upgraded the ram in my macbook myself and i heard that this may void the warranty, i'm not sure.

but anyways, i'm going to the apple store sunday to get my keyboard/trackpad taken out and a new one put in because mine is cracking. do i need to put the old ram in? will they not repair it if they see i changed the ram?

chase

cogsinister

macrumors 6502a
Aug 24, 2006
Fredericton NB Canada
so. i upgraded the ram in my macbook myself and i heard that this may void the warranty, i'm not sure.

but anyways, i'm going to the apple store sunday to get my keyboard/trackpad taken out and a new one put in because mine is cracking. do i need to put the old ram in? will they not repair it if they see i changed the ram?

chase

Putting ram in your Macbook yourself will not void the warranty on your computer....but apple will not cover the ram for failures ect..

If your computer needs to be sent off for repair i would take out any 3rd party ram just in case it went missing while in the hands of Apple or whoever is doing the repair....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.