Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zap2

macrumors 604
Original poster
Mar 8, 2005
Washington D.C
So my brother set up is a iMac G4 1.24 17'' 256mb running 10.4.2 he needs more ram, he knows it but he is not getting any so with enought people here on the forums telling him that he needs more then anything else for his iMac he might get it!! So just list as many reason as you can why he needs more ram( he runs FireFox,AIM,iTunes,Pages and iMoive or iDVD alot and QT or WMP)
and if you do not have a reason just tell him to gte more RAM!!!

I know is is a different type of post but i need you help!!

Thanks!!

powerbook911

macrumors 68040
Mar 15, 2005
Dear Sir,

Just look at Apple's products today. They come with OS X Tiger, that you are running, but they all come with 512 MB of memory. Why? Apple does not want to embarrass themselves. Tiger is simply not effective, with 256 MB of memory. It makes everything slow and less efficient.

Try it. Add some memory to your imac. You'll be blown away at what your computer is capable of performing. It doesn't matter if you're using basic programs, any program, within Tiger, will feel a *lot* better, with more memory.

shadowmoses

macrumors 68000
Mar 6, 2005
I have to agree in the first few days i had my Mac Mini i was running it with 256mb RAM and the poor thing was a slug (the beautiful OS is completely crippled with 256), it struggled in most basic tasks, like opening preview or playing a AVI while surfing the web....

Boosted it to 512mb and it works soooo much better, i am thinking of swapping that for a gig and this little baby will motor,

Tell your bro to put in another 512mb chip and get 768mb for the iMac...

ShadOW

iEdd

macrumors 68000
Aug 8, 2005
Dad is doing the same with his iMac G4 at work.
One slot is user changable, which should be empty.
Put a 512 in. 512+256=768, which is plenty. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.