Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ScubaCinci

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 11, 2008
OH
Since updating to iOS 11 (I'm on 11.0.3) on both my iPad Pro and iP7+, I've been having random issues with apps starting to open, and the splash/opening screen will come up (or blank screen) and the app will just hang. Clicking the home button does nothing the first time, the second time it will close the app. When I try to re-open it, or double-click to get back to the app, I get a glimpse of the open app as it should be and then back to whatever hangup screen it was on before. The only solution is to hard reboot. This actually happens fairly often with the app store app.

Today, my phone starting ringing but the display never came on. So I turned it on and it kept ringing and all I could see was the home screen. Tried to open the phone app in it would not even pull up. Couldn't answer the call. Had to do a hard reboot and then it worked fine and showed that I had a missed call.

Anyone else having similar issues? I'd chalk it up to something jacked up with the phone but this is happening on my iPad as well. I looked through the threads here a bit and didn't see a similar complaint but I may have missed it.

mrex

macrumors 68040
Jul 16, 2014
europe
Not so bad.. but sometimes apps becomes unresponsive but i can close it (with the home button), swipe the app away and reopen it.

ScubaCinci

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 11, 2008
OH
Yeah, I forgot to mention that force closing the app (swiping it away) does not help.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.