Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cmatuk

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 10, 2013
Hey everyone!
I've been having these issues since iOS 12 Beta 1, and I've read many solutions but they just keep getting worse. Here's a brief list of issues and happenstances:

This all happens on an iPhone 7, updated OTA to the first Dev Beta; didn't set it up as a new phone.
Randomly and many, many, maaaany times per day, Settings hangs for quite some time and so does the App Store, Safari and Podcasts.. they become unresponsive for many seconds.
All of these apps also crash randomly, especially the app store.
Issues started since 12 Beta 1 and continue in 12.1 PB 3
Once the commercial version of 12 was out, I switched to that one, the issues were still there....asked AppleSupport, told me to force quit the apps.. didn't help.
I read in one of the release notes that the Settings issue might happened because uninstalled stock apps... Nope.
Tried setting a stock iCloud profile image (maybe the one I use is too large).. Nope
Reinstalled iOS, didn't help
New betas... I'm on the PB now and so I'm waiting for the one today but I don't have any hopes up

As for now I'm just curious to know if I'm the only one and if this happens to anyone else, what's your device, cos I know I'm not the only one but I also know it's not a super common issue.

Any help is also greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance

Best regards!

Reactions: jz4mp1

jz4mp1

macrumors newbie
Oct 17, 2018
Syracuse, NY
I too am having lock up issues on my iPhoneX running iOS 12.0.1 & constantly & regularly getting time consuming freezing when opening or switching back to apps like safari, Spotify, photos, instagram, Facebook, Tweetbot to name a few. This all started happening for me after doing the OTA iOS 12 update. I tried uninstalling Spotify, Tweetbot Instagram & Facebook & reinstalling them, but that did NOT fix the problem. Very frustrating & almost hard to even use phone sometimes now.
I should also mention that this iPhoneX is my daily use device, but I have also done the OTA iOS upgrade on my iPad 5, iPhone 5S & my wife’s iPhone 6S & NONE of those are experiencing any freezing or locking up issues with any of the apps.

Last edited:
Reactions: cmatuk
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.