Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Adelima

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 22, 2021
UK
Hi,

I upgraded my NVMe in my MBP2014 sometime last year to a 1TB Crucial P2 SSD, using a Sintech adapter. After a few crashes, it worked fine up until a couple of months ago when I got a kernal panic. Didn't think much of it, until I got one again on the 4th, and again today on the 8th.

I'm running Acidanthera's NVMeFix and Lilu Kexts (up to date), Macos Mojave latest security patch. I get these kernal panics very randomly on boot, which makes it hard to diagnose what's causing them/ if they'll happen again. It also doesn't help that I have no idea what I'm looking at in a kernal panic error report.

Am I going to be plagued by a unreliable computer, or is there something I can do about this (other than swapping back to the apple SSD)? I've attached both the recent kernal panic error reports.

I suppose I should have known it might not be as reliable with an aftermarket SSD, but since it seemed stable for so long, I was hoping it was going to stay that way.

Any help greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• kernal panic 8522.txt
    6.9 KB · Views: 60
  • kernal panic 4522.txt
    6.9 KB · Views: 65

jav6454

macrumors Core
Nov 14, 2007
1 Geostationary Tower Plaza
As this is an Intel based Mac. Can you install Windows and run a disk diagnostic using Crucial's tools? I am not sure that there are Mac versions. But if they are, run it on OSX.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.