Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tdosthp

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 27, 2015
For the past couple of weeks, randomly, certain audible notifications on my iPhone 14 Pro come through at full volume, even though I have the ringer set low. I have chatted with Apple support to no avail, wiped phone, reset settings, etc and nothing helps.

Anyone have any suggestions. This topic has been brought up on Apple Support pages for a couple of years now.

Wizec

macrumors 6502a
Jun 30, 2019
I hate it when this happens. Same issue with typing. Sometimes it’s at 200% volume (exaggerating) for a few letters then it reverts to normal. I have no idea what to do.

Tdosthp

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 27, 2015
I hate it when this happens. Same issue with typing. Sometimes it’s at 200% volume (exaggerating) for a few letters then it reverts to normal. I have no idea what to do.

Me either. Apple had no clue. I have found that when the sounds and haptics “Change with buttons” is off, and using the volume slider in control center: the volume is actually backwards. I was looking to add a specific text tone to a contact and with the volume slider all the way up, I could not hear the ringtone options. I lowered the volume slider and it was very loud.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.