Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

monostasis

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 28, 2017
Vancouver, BC
I've had my iPhone SE for just over a year now, but recently I've been getting really bad frame drops in all games to the point where the game becomes pretty much unplayable. If I leave the phone for a couple of hours (though the amount of time also seems to be random) the frame drops disappear. What's interesting is that it seems to happen in games, but the OS is completely smooth otherwise.

I initially thought it might be a software-related issue, so I tried rebooting, hard resetting, restoring from backup and even restoring as new, but nothing seems to fix the problem. I used to get it around once a week, but lately it's been happening almost daily.

Do you think this might be a hardware issue? I've only had the phone for roughly a year and it is in pristine condition. Never been dropped or damaged in any way.

If anyone has any suggestions or potential solutions, I would be very grateful.

akash.nu

macrumors G4
May 26, 2016
Are these graphics intensive games? And how often do you see this happening?

monostasis

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 28, 2017
Vancouver, BC
Are these graphics intensive games? And how often do you see this happening?
Thank you for your reply.

Pretty much all games I have tried have the problem (Asphalt 8, Animal Crossing, Egg Inc). These are all 3D games, but even some 2D games get really slow as well (Monster Strike, Puzzle & Dragons).

The timing is seemingly random, but I run into it around once a day, but sometimes more.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.