Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mcmillan

macrumors 6502
Jul 4, 2004
Yes, :D I downloaded it the day it was released. Still very buggy though, they have some problems with PNGs in styled pages, but beta 2 is supposed to be out in a "few days". And I agree with you, RW is between the best Mac OS X apps out there.

macrumors 68020
Apr 11, 2004
NYC
Its very simple and easy to use but I hate the fact that you cant edit the templates. For example half the templates on the top say, "My webpage, changing the world 1 page at a time". I would like to insert my own text up there.

Kernow

macrumors 65816
Sep 30, 2005
Kingston-Upon-Thames
Downloaded it this morning for the first time. I like that you can make pretty cool looking websites with very little effort, but it is a bit restrictive.

Patmian212 said:
Its very simple and easy to use but I hate the fact that you cant edit the templates. For example half the templates on the top say, "My webpage, changing the world 1 page at a time". I would like to insert my own text up there.

If you go to Window>Inspector>Site, you can turn off or change this text in the Title and Slogan boxes.

If I could now just turn off the menu bar at the top...

mcmillan

macrumors 6502
Jul 4, 2004
Patmian212 said:
You're missing a lot of stuff. In 3.1 click "setup" at the bottom and you can change the slogan, title, copyright, and even add favicons and logos. In 3.2 right-click any menu item, select page inspector, then the "site" tab and you can change everything there. The 3.2 themes are even more customizable, you can change width, hide menubars, or move them to the left and right sides. If there's a theme that you would like to modify, you can do so very easily.

The other day I wanted to have a theme with the top image in orange instead of blue. I right-clicked the theme, duplicated it, selected "show content" and edited the image in Photoshop. Now it looks great.

And it's not restrictive IMO. You can add an HTML page, and write the whole Body HTML code by yourself. And the drag and drop is so amazing. 3.2 also offers flash-based albums. I'm telling you, this app is incredible!

Kernow

macrumors 65816
Sep 30, 2005
Kingston-Upon-Thames
I think I just need to mess around and experiment with it a bit. My first impressions were definitely favourable. I can already code in HTML and I was looking for an app which was somewhere between TextEdit and the more high end stuff, and this seems ideal.

To be honest mcmillan, you were the main reason I downloaded Rapidweaver in the first place. I have seen a few of your posts on this forum in support of the product & I thought I would give it a try. Any links to the company who make it? ;)

liketom

macrumors 601
Original poster
Apr 8, 2004
Lincoln,UK
i'm develping my new website and playing with the new photo albums in flash

very very very good

when i add multiple quicktime movies and goto preview the app crashes - apart from that this is gotta be the best app on the Mac platform

for me anyway

kiwi-in-uk

macrumors 6502a
Sep 22, 2004
AU
I bought RW 3.1 last week. Excellent bit of software. Simple multimadia websites built and uploaded within a couple of hours.

3.2 shows a lot of promise, but a little buggy at the moment.

liketom

macrumors 601
Original poster
Apr 8, 2004
Lincoln,UK
kiwi-in-uk said:
I bought RW 3.1 last week. Excellent bit of software. Simple multimadia websites built and uploaded within a couple of hours.

3.2 shows a lot of promise, but a little buggy at the moment.
from what i understand a new beta will be released then end of this week and will fix alot of the issues that the original beta has.

Steve Jobs showed alot of interest in RapidWeaver at Paris this year , Who knows - your next .Mac update might include some certain software LOL

mcmillan

macrumors 6502
Jul 4, 2004
Kernow said:
I think I just need to mess around and experiment with it a bit. My first impressions were definitely favourable. I can already code in HTML and I was looking for an app which was somewhere between TextEdit and the more high end stuff, and this seems ideal.

To be honest mcmillan, you were the main reason I downloaded Rapidweaver in the first place. I have seen a few of your posts on this forum in support of the product & I thought I would give it a try. Any links to the company who make it? ;)

Yeah, I give them a lot of support, it's really a great app, and only 3 guys develop it, it's an enormous job for a such a small company, so it doesn't bother me to link people to their site.

@liketom: I read in their blog that Steve dropped by their booth to see the demo, that must've been really cool.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.