Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

NARadyk

macrumors 6502a
May 21, 2021
UK
I was going to try hold off buying this this month as i have so many games to work my way through already but it looks so promising! + the fact there’s very limited PS5 only exclusives, it makes it more special.

Reactions: TopherMan12

thadoggfather

macrumors P6
Oct 1, 2007
Good lord what a beautiful game and some super fun busy action and platforming. On the standard difficulty some bosses and settings are decently difficult.

Performance RT mode is legit mind blowing!

I played for like almost 12 hours straight yesterday and beat it, highly recommend. I think I'll trade it since it's going to collect dust and Gamestop has 48 hours buy back for full price and I got it with a gift card. Maybe I'll pick it up again down the road if it's cheaper.

This is the game to showcase PS5's muscle flex so far imo...

Last edited:
Reactions: Homme and diamond.g

diamond.g

macrumors G4
Mar 20, 2007
OBX
Good lord what a beautiful game and some super fun busy action and platforming. On the standard difficulty some bosses and settings are decently difficult.

Performance RT mode is legit mind blowing!

I played for like almost 12 hours straight yesterday and beat it, highly recommend. I think I'll trade it since it's going to collect dust and Gamestop has 48 hours buy back for full price and I got it with a gift card. Maybe I'll pick it up again down the road if it's cheaper.

This is the game to showcase PS5's muscle flex so far imo...
Did you see the DF interview with the technical director at Insomniac?

thadoggfather

macrumors P6
Oct 1, 2007
Did you see the DF interview with the technical director at Insomniac?

haha yep! watched that just a bit ago this morning, and the breakdown of the graphics even after completing the game

I love Digital Foundry- Linneman is an analytical beast. Audi is cool too. DF retro is rad also

Reactions: diamond.g

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
The game looks phenomenal, and in all honesty, I'm not surprised. The quality tends to be there for Sony exclusives. It was this franchise and Horizon Zero Dawn that had me tempted to stay with the PS5 platform and not jump ship. Lucky for me the next HZD game will work on the PS4

• Love
Reactions: Homme

diamond.g

macrumors G4
Mar 20, 2007
OBX
So I had the game glitch on me after finding the Chief Engineer. The checkpoints are interesting because they apparently also store character state on a per planet basis. I had to lose two hours of play be going all the way back to the previous planet.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.