Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Spaceboi Scaphandre

macrumors 68040
Jun 8, 2022
God dammit Sony. I bought the game two months ago and platinumed it only for them to port it to PC shortly after. I swear it feels like they're watching me waiting for me to beat their games and platinum them before porting to PC just to torture me and my wallet.

They're damn lucky I really love this game and I will probably double dip and get all the achievements again just like I did with Spider-Man, only this time playing it on a Steam Deck portably and to see how the game looks on low spec.

On the bright side, it's time to harvest delicious Sony Pony salt 😈

Last edited:

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
I'm not surprised, they're moving towards doing this with all of their exclusives. I'm actually playing this on the PS5, and its a fun game.

mi7chy

macrumors G4
Oct 24, 2014
Wonder if that's actual game play graphics. Looks like Disney animated movie.

diamond.g

macrumors G4
Original poster
Mar 20, 2007
OBX
As far as I know the cut scenes are all in engine, so yeah that you see is "gameplay" or at least the game play doesn't look any different.

Spaceboi Scaphandre

macrumors 68040
Jun 8, 2022

It is real gameplay. Rift Apart is that good. Insomniac Games is regarded as the best PlayStation Studio for a reason, as they go above and beyond visually and gameplay. Since the PS5 uses an SSD they can have everything preloaded so everything is fast. allowing you to jump dimensions instantly

You want the best example of Insomniac's amazing game design, play Spider-Man Remastered, the best superhero game ever made, a game so visually beautiful and plays so fluidly that as you play you feel like you're actually Spider-Man.

dmccloud

macrumors 68030
Sep 7, 2009
Anchorage, AK
It is coming:
They haven't announced system requirements yet, but with Nixxes at the helm it should be a good port.

Given some of the things they mentioned in that press release (DLSS3/FSR2, XeSS support, ultrawide display support with reimagined graphics to accomodate wider screens are some big ones), I have a feeling it will require higher specs than many R&C fans would like.

diamond.g

macrumors G4
Original poster
Mar 20, 2007
OBX
Given some of the things they mentioned in that press release (DLSS3/FSR2, XeSS support, ultrawide display support with reimagined graphics to accomodate wider screens are some big ones), I have a feeling it will require higher specs than many R&C fans would like.
Yeah that is probably going to be the case.

diamond.g

macrumors G4
Original poster
Mar 20, 2007
OBX
The system requirements are not that bad. Though the latest AMD driver has a bug that causes the game to crash if RT is enabled (siiiigh).

Has anyone given this a go yet (though Steam says it unlocks at 11AM EDT)?

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
Here's the requirements
This was a great game on the PS5, though I don't see any need/desire to buy it for the PC.

1690372349138.png

Reactions: diamond.g

diamond.g

macrumors G4
Original poster
Mar 20, 2007
OBX
Oh man the SATA SSD is not a great experience. Though it is hard to say if the low end specs are helping or hurting.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
Looks like Digital Foundry is recommending holding off on playing for a short time - until the bugs get patched. Overall, it looks like a solid port of the PS5 game to the PC

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.