Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rate stability 1-10 (10 Being Very Stable)

• 1 (Unusable had to go back to iOS 9)

Votes: 2 2.8%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 1 1.4%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5 (annoying but still usable)

Votes: 10 13.9%

Votes: 6 8.3%

Votes: 16 22.2%

Votes: 17 23.6%

Votes: 5 6.9%
  • 10 (will keep using it)

Votes: 15 20.8%

• Total voters

BaggieBoy

macrumors 6502a
May 29, 2012
UK
I've had a couple of application crashes and a couple of resprings, but for a beta 1 that is to be expected.

Reactions: BarredOwl

DJLAXL

macrumors 6502a
Jun 3, 2014
UT
iPad Pro runs pretty well and actually has amazing battery.....6S+, not so much. Crashes a lot. Can't see my battery stats because of the springboard crashes.

rdinterman

macrumors 6502
Sep 17, 2012
Florida
I would say one of the most stable Beta 1 over the past few releases. I am trying to remember, I think it was iOS7 that was a hot mess for the first couple of Beta's.

oftheheavens

macrumors 68000
Jul 9, 2008
cherry point
I'm using a 6s and I have to say it is stable enough for me to continue using it unlike the first few iOS 9 beta. I use it as a daily driver and feel comfortable that I will receive important interview phone calls that I am waiting on. So if you are on the fence and have a newer device I say go for it! Just ensure that you provide developer feedback on anything you don't like or bugs that you find and in 2 weeks (hopefully) we will receive a more stable update and then we can start all over testing the crap out of it and providing feedback for the next one!

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Jun 12, 2012
aside from a few apps not working, it is the best beta I have tried. It is my daily driver.

stulaw11

Suspended
Jan 25, 2012
You'll get different stories from different people.

The MAJORITY (not all but most) of people who say they are going back to iOS9 had no business being on 10 to begin with. They Googled the dev beta profile and installed it and iOS10 without any knowledge about betas in the past etc.

You can just tell form their posts here they had zero business being on a beta to begin with and did zero research what being on a beta meant, especially a beta 1 (especially the ridiculous iOS10 brokez my phonez!! or My battery is horriblez! type posts). There is a reason Apple restricts it to developers and dev accounts.

Anyone complaining about things not working or battery SHOULD go back to iOS9. You had no business being on a Beta 1 to begin with and should wait until next month for the public beta.

10 is one of the most stable Beta 1s we've seen in years frankly, and if you should be on a beta you will know that without saying much. If anyone remembers 9 beta 1 it was a mess with 2 hour battery life.

Last edited:

stulaw11

Suspended
Jan 25, 2012
People saying 10, just stop. It's fine, but it's a first beta. Plenty of bugs and resprings.

sorry but if you ever used a beta 1 before, in comparison this IS a 8-9-10 (opinions will vary) stable.

Anyone who used iOS9 beta 1 will attest this is 100 times better.

stulaw11

Suspended
Jan 25, 2012
Yeah it's good for a beta 1, but a 10?

Compared to past Beta 1s? Absolutely 9-10 stability.

Compared to release versions, no. Compared to 9.3.3 beta last week, no. Depends what the context is.

Sadly, Im finding the iOS Beta section of Reddit more stimulating conversation about bugs etc (that's a tall order being Reddit) than Macrumors forums who you would think are more intelligent people/the "geek" community overall.

People there are actually discussing real bugs and features, not ridiculous OMGZ iOS10 BROKEZ MY PHONEZ! or OMGZ MY BATTERY LIFEZ IS TERRIBLEZ!!

Too many people here who shouldnt have ever installed a Beta 1 taking up space.

Last edited:

lovewd

macrumors 6502
Aug 28, 2013
Pretty good on my 6s. Sometimes my phone crashes and resprings, the news app always quits after a few minutes, a lot of things are laggy as hell, widgets are buggy, the music app is slow, but nothing less than expected of a beta. And for beta 1 it's great. Nowhere near as bad as iOS 8 beta 1. Not even bad enough to go back to 9

mporcheron

macrumors member
Nov 13, 2011
Nottingham, UK
Considering with iOS 9.3 I was getting daily resprings on both my 6S and iPad Pro (9.7), I would say iOS 10 feels as stable as a "stable" release.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.