Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GetGo

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 2, 2004
New Jersey
I need someone to send me any photo in Raw format. I want to try some new software that only uses raw images. My digital camera does not shoot in raw. I own 3 digital camera's. A 2 megapixel cannon, a 3 megapixel Sony and a 4 megapixel canon. Before I buy a 4th I would like to play with a raw photo to see if there really is a big difference.

If you want to send me a raw photo please send me a private message.

Thanks

cgratti

macrumors 6502a
Dec 28, 2004
Central Pennsylvania, USA
GetGo said:
I need someone to send me any photo in Raw format. I want to try some new software that only uses raw images. My digital camera does not shoot in raw. I own 3 digital camera's. A 2 megapixel cannon, a 3 megapixel Sony and a 4 megapixel canon. Before I buy a 4th I would like to play with a raw photo to see if there really is a big difference.

If you want to send me a raw photo please send me a private message.

Thanks

There is a difference, if you plan on any serious photography get a RAW capable camera. You can adjust alot more than you can in any other format.

Get the RAW you will be happy you did.

BrandonSi

macrumors regular
Oct 13, 2005
Chicago, IL
cgratti said:
There is a difference, if you plan on any serious photography get a RAW capable camera. You can adjust alot more than you can in any other format.

Get the RAW you will be happy you did.

Amen. I do not shoot in anything else. It's a whole new ball-game with raw.

JDOG_

macrumors 6502a
Nov 19, 2003
Oakland
I am desperately waiting for Casio to release new firmware that allows me to shoot in RAW (I know it probably can). I just know they'll try and add it as a feature in their next revision.

Arrrghhh.

http://www.Fotki.com has quite a few RAW files floating around if you do an advanced search.

Bote

macrumors regular
Sep 11, 2005
Philadelphia PA
Don't just buy any camera that supports raw. Not all programs will support all versions of raw. My fugifinepix E550 shoots in raw, but all you can do with the supplied software is convert that to tiff. It is frustrating because it does not allow you to edit the pic before conversion or to convert to jpeg.

Does anyone know a program that supports fugi's .RAF raw file?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.