Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

loui100

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 30, 2019
Are there _any_ games that support raytracing on M3 chips? They presented videos from Layers of Fear on the Apple demo but the option for raytracing is still greyed out in the game...

• Haha
Reactions: cateye and Queen6

loui100

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 30, 2019
Want to game? Buy something you can actually game on. The Mac is lightyears away from that until Apple see it as a viable revenue stream. Forget the platform, just enjoy the game...

Q-6
PS5 with OLED TV and surround speakers is my go-to setup for gaming. But some games I either can't play on consoles or prefer to play with a mouse/monitor setup (like Baldurs Gate 3). Gaming is not why I buy Macs, it's a bonus, and seeing as I just shelled out a lot for a M3 Max advertised with raytracing for gaming, I was curious to give it a try. Looks like I'll have to wait some time, though...

Reactions: Queen6 and Irishman

Irishman

macrumors 68040
Nov 2, 2006
PS5 with OLED TV and surround speakers is my go-to setup for gaming. But some games I either can't play on consoles or prefer to play with a mouse/monitor setup (like Baldurs Gate 3). Gaming is not why I buy Macs, it's a bonus, and seeing as I just shelled out a lot for a M3 Max advertised with raytracing for gaming, I was curious to give it a try. Looks like I'll have to wait some time, though...

Just released this month and already $200 off for Black Friday sales! It’s crazy!

And, I heard that both new Cyan games, Firmament and Myst, are getting patched with RT, and there’s War Thunder.

Reactions: loui100

diamond.g

macrumors G4
Mar 20, 2007
OBX
Just released this month and already $200 off for Black Friday sales! It’s crazy!

And, I heard that both new Cyan games, Firmament and Myst, are getting patched with RT, and there’s War Thunder.
Those updates will come out the same time GRID:Legends does, 😂.

• Haha
Reactions: Irishman
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.