Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SteveJUAE

macrumors 601
Aug 14, 2015
Land of Smiles
Yes it can be fickle at times on my Stealth the settings are

Screenshot 2021-04-25 110419.png

So sleep in only enabled manually, else closing lid goes to hibernate

GoldfishRT

macrumors 6502a
Jul 24, 2014
Somewhere
So after some more back and forth with Razer we narrowed it down to something related to the power delivery while plugged in. While they were happy to pay for expedited shipping, they gave me a window of 1-4 weeks in the repair center and recommended that I could still exchange with Best Buy. I ended up returning it, which felt bad actually because I quite liked it. That said I now feel like I have it out of my system, so I'm unsure if I'm going to bother replacing it. The $1699 for the model I had new is still way too much in my opinion (BB would have been very happy to have the extra money though!) Amazon has the 10th gen equipped model with 4k screen for $1499 and I have a lot of rewards points to use so I may go that route. Or I may just suffer another year with my MacBook Pro.

GoldfishRT

macrumors 6502a
Jul 24, 2014
Somewhere
What about an XPS. I feel they are better overall than the razer devices.

The appeal of the Stealth is the GPU in a 13" form factor. I did have an XPS 15 9560 which had numerous issues but I also liked that machine when it worked properly. I can't help but feel like a lot of these 'premium' laptops just aren't built all that premium lol!

I wish Alienware was still pursuing the 13" size. I was looking at an M15 in Best Buy while there and I was suitably impressed, especially with the keyboard and new design language. It's too big but if I could only have one PC that $1300 deal on Amazon is appealing.

I don't get the appeal of the G14 at the price it costs. Ugly and cheap feeling but I suppose the performance is excellent. Needs a big display upgrade IMO.

Steve Adams

Suspended
Dec 16, 2020
I would not buy anything asus. I had nothing but horrible service from them. They told me to hit the skids when 3 vivotab systems I purchased for work all developed ghost touch issues well within the warranty period and I fought with them and never got any satisfaction even after threatening legal actions etc. I will never buy another asus product again or ever recommend one to anyone else. i would rather use a tandy trs 80 than an asus device.

As for your XPS i think that was the exception not the rule. Most all xps systems I have used were rock solid.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.