Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JAT

macrumors 603
Dec 31, 2001
Mpls, MN
RAZR indeed has faster CPU than iPhone 4S as reported by Anandtech. Anandtech tested RAZR with Android 2.3.5. Android performance improved greatly with ICS which means that Anandtech charts probably do not accurately reflect the raw CPU performance for RAZR.

You're right, of course. I should've added the word "performance". Apple's integration is better, thus better tests. For now.

But also, you posted more browser tests, not cpu.

Vegastouch

macrumors 603
Jul 12, 2008
Las Vegas, NV
6 pages in and only one person has posted sales figures...figures that show the iPhone 4S is still the best selling smart phone in the world.

Not that it even matters but you havent done any research and are just guessing....for your own bias.

I wrote This response to somebody in another thread who said 70% of smartphones sold in Japan were iPhones. Just isnt true and i added some more info. Though his claim was different than yours, i thought id repost this anyways. But again, who cares. Use what you like.

Some seem to really care who is #1. Apple sells one phone so no single Android device will be #1 but overall Android is selling many more smartphones than Apple, ..which stands to reason. However, the GS3 could come close.

Last edited:

mbell1975

macrumors 6502a
Mar 17, 2012
You're right, of course. I should've added the word "performance". Apple's integration is better, thus better tests. For now.

But also, you posted more browser tests, not cpu.

Browser tests ARE CPU tests! :rolleyes: If you think otherwise, please post these CPU tests you speak of. We will be waiting...

DodgeV83

macrumors 6502a
Feb 8, 2012
RAZR indeed has faster CPU than iPhone 4S as reported by Anandtech. Anandtech tested RAZR with Android 2.3.5. Android performance improved greatly with ICS which means that Anandtech charts probably do not accurately reflect the raw CPU performance for RAZR.

More browser benchmarks being used as evidence to show the phone has better CPU performance :(

DodgeV83

macrumors 6502a
Feb 8, 2012
Browser tests ARE CPU tests! :rolleyes: If you think otherwise, please post these CPU tests you speak of. We will be waiting...

I've posted them mbell1975. I know you've seen them, because you've commented on them.

...I'm starting to thing debating with you is an effort in futility. If you can't remember the proof I posted to prove you wrong just a few pages back, what's the point?

mbell1975

macrumors 6502a
Mar 17, 2012
I've posted them mbell1975. I know you've seen them, because you've commented on them.

...I'm starting to thing debating with you is an effort in futility. If you can't remember the proof I posted to prove you wrong just a few pages back, what's the point?

That was a LINPACK test for ANDROID phones you compared your own phone too LMAO. I mean actual studies done by pro companies, not some fanboy running tests on his iPhone from his house :rolleyes:

AdrianK

macrumors 68020
Feb 19, 2011
Browser tests ARE CPU tests! :rolleyes:
You can't say that because two devices have different components other the CPU and are running different OSes. There's a reason dedicated benchmarking apps exists. Have you seen the difference between Safari running with and without the nitro-engine enabled?

mbell1975

macrumors 6502a
Mar 17, 2012
You can't say that because two devices have different components other the CPU and are running different OSes. There's a reason dedicated benchmarking apps exists. Have you seen the difference between Safari running with and without the nitro-engine enabled?

Well Browsermark and Sunspider are the two tests most every review site uses to test CPUs, so yea.

DodgeV83

macrumors 6502a
Feb 8, 2012
That was a LINPACK test for ANDROID phones you compared your own phone too LMAO. I mean actual studies done by pro companies, not some fanboy running tests on his iPhone from his house :rolleyes:

1. Why do you keep saying Linpack is an Android benchmark. Are you not aware that Linpack has been around long before Android?

2. You are using "pro companies" here to describe Internet blogs. Your whole argument here tells me you really do not understand how benchmarks work. Everyone everywhere receives the exact same hardware, benchmarks results are the same, especially when everyone is using the same app to run the benchmark. The result is not dictated by who pushes the button, it's dictated by the hardware.

3. You have no evidence that those screenshots are from my device, but even if they were, I have asked 3 times for your technical argument why my evidence is invalid, and you have ignored my question all three times.

w3jyol.png

Since this seems to be what you are looking for, do you have a technical argument against this "pro" result, that came out identical to the one I posted?

AdrianK

macrumors 68020
Feb 19, 2011
Well Browsermark and Sunspider are the two tests most every review site uses to test CPUs, so yea.
Those are browser benchmarks. They benchmark browser performance, not CPU performance.
This is SunSpider, a JavaScript benchmark. This benchmark tests the core JavaScript language only, not the DOM or other browser APIs. It is designed to compare different versions of the same browser, and different browsers to each other.

Technarchy

macrumors 604
May 21, 2012
Some seem to really care who is #1. Apple sells one phone so no single Android device will be #1 but overall Android is selling many more smartphones than Apple, ..which stands to reason. However, the GS3 could come close.

The whole point of the thread is who is number one on Verizon, and by your own admission there is no way in hell it's that droid turd the RAZR.

And for those that can't count, Apple sells three iPhones, not one.

chiefpavvy

macrumors 6502a
Feb 23, 2008
So, thread title is a lie. Nothing to see here, move along. iPhone remains the top seller at Verizon.

Vegastouch

macrumors 603
Jul 12, 2008
Las Vegas, NV
The whole point of the thread is who is number one on Verizon, and by your own admission there is no way in hell it's that droid turd the RAZR.

I dont have Verizon and dont care which one is #1. I responded to you saying the iPhone was best selling phone in the world and posted some links that it isnt by far the most used phone in the world. I suppose if Android just sold the Galaxy S line they would be #1 but who cares? I like that there are HTC phones as well....and others.
Compitition and choice are great things but you dont seem to like that.

And for those that can't count, Apple sells three iPhones, not one.

:rolleyes: They have one phone Bro. One is just the newest version. Nobody is buying a brand new 3GS and show me where you can even get one without going to eBay hoping you arent getting ripped off. Apple doesnt even sell it on their site and no carriers have it either.

Last edited:

DodgeV83

macrumors 6502a
Feb 8, 2012

I didnt admit anything. I dont have Verizon and dont care which one is #1. I responded to you saying the iPhone was best selling phone in the world and posted some links that it isnt by far the most used phone in the world.

:rolleyes: They have one phone Bro. One is just the newest version. Nobody is buying a brand new 3GS and show me where you can even get one without going to eBay hoping you arent getting ripped off. Apple doesnt even sell it on their site and no carriers have it either.

The iPhone 3GS is on their site:

http://store.apple.com/us/browse/home/shop_iphone/family/iphone

Maybe it's not available in your country (if you aren't in the US).

Vegastouch

macrumors 603
Jul 12, 2008
Las Vegas, NV
One phone rapes android 3 times then...

Get's worse

Those are old figures but its what i expected. The newer Androids will fair better and the 4S was the least seller of the three there back then. The iPhone is the most popular here in the USA but not in the world. Spain for example uses Android phones more than three times as much.

Again, i dont care who sells more phones. People overall use Android more and i know that bothers you for some reason.

I expect the new iPhone to sell very well just because of the bigger screen alone. Doesnt bother me. They are good phones, just dont do the things i like that Android does but if i found a good deal on the newest one,(Craiglist, my friends who have a repair store) i might buy one for the hec of it.

Im not anti Apple at all. Not sure why you are anti Android.

Vegastouch

macrumors 603
Jul 12, 2008
Las Vegas, NV
Yeah because more recent figures show how the i4S has fallen from grace.

I can find figures to support the other way too.

http://www.usingcellphones.com/10-cell-phone-bestselling-for-may-2012/

bestselling-for-may-2012
Here are the top 10 best selling phones Krusell version:

(-) Samsung i9300 Galaxy SIII
(1) Apple iPhone 4/4S
(2) Sony Xperia S
(3) Samsung i9100 Galaxy S II
(5) Samsung Galaxy Note
(-) HTC One S
(4) Sony Xperia U
(-) Samsung GT-B2710 / Xcover 271
(-) HTC One X
(6) Sony Ericsson XPERIA Arc / Arc S

Motorola Razr is #1 on Verizon
http://slumz.boxden.com/f244/motorola-droid-razr-maxx-top-selling-smartphone-verizon-wireless-sorry-iphone-1767299/

So what do we know? Smartphones sell well. One place says iPhone is #1, another says the Razr is on Verizon. In the grand scheme of things, who cares? The iPhone is #1 to you and thats all that matters. Ill be getting a GS3 and wont even consider a Razr or a iPhone when i upgrade.

chiefpavvy

macrumors 6502a
Feb 23, 2008
Well look here, intellectually dishonest fAndroid trolls posting away :D

The title of the thread is "RAZR MAXX knocks iPhone out of first place on Verizon" which is patently false.

Now that farce of an argument has been beaten you want to show vague charts showing Android OS capturing more market share than iOS. OK...Here's one you can track down next. Profits. I promise you will be disappointed :D :D :D

Vegastouch

macrumors 603
Jul 12, 2008
Las Vegas, NV
Well look here, intellectually dishonest fAndroid trolls posting away :D

The title of the thread is "RAZR MAXX knocks iPhone out of first place on Verizon" which is patently false.

Now that farce of an argument has been beaten you want to show vague charts showing Android OS capturing more market share than iOS. OK...Here's one you can track down next. Profits. I promise you will be disappointed :D :D :D

What do i care about profits? Im not getting any of them and we all know Apple are the most expensive of any electronic devices out there. Why is that relevant at all?
Thats like me saying Samsung is #1 in all phone sales(which they are). Yeah, so?

chiefpavvy

macrumors 6502a
Feb 23, 2008
What do i care about profits? Im not getting any of them and we all know Apple are the most expensive of any electronic devices out there. Why is that relevant at all?
Thats like me saying Samsung is #1 in all phone sales(which they are). Yeah, so?

Let's do a hypothetical here. Company A has only 25% market share, but reaps 80% of the profits. Company B has 50% market share, yet struggles to touch 10% of the profits (of the overall cellular handset market). Which do you think is more inclined to produce a better overall product (hardware and software). Apple has the advantage on the latter either way - as they control both completely...but just in general. This isn't rocket science.

EDIT: And let's talk developers, as well. Since either platform is at the mercy of them ultimately. Would you rather put your resources in to a project for a platform where people actually PAY for products or one where the majority purchase nothing?

Vegastouch

macrumors 603
Jul 12, 2008
Las Vegas, NV
Let's do a hypothetical here. Company A has only 25% market share, but reaps 80% of the profits. Company B has 50% market share, yet struggles to touch 10% of the profits (of the overall cellular handset market). Which do you think is more inclined to produce a better overall product (hardware and software). Apple has the advantage on the latter either way - as they control both completely...but just in general. This isn't rocket science.

EDIT: And let's talk developers, as well. Since either platform is at the mercy of them ultimately. Would you rather put your resources in to a project for a platform where people actually PAY for products or one where the majority purchase nothing?

:rolleyes: Do you really want to get into this? You will look like a fool. Samsung alone makes many, many, many,many,many more products than Apple does.

Samsung has 28 active phones out that you can buy to Apples 3 and they sell the most phones in the world. Add in on top of that everything Samsung makes from BlueRay players to Refrigerators, TV's, MicroSD , SD cards, cameras, semiconductors, Apples parts, etc, etc, etc, etc.....

Thats just one company and they arent struggling. For something that isnt rocket science you sure are confused and mislead....blinded by Apple as i like to call it. Apple is a good company but c-mon....I dont think Samsung are having a hard time making quality products. Not to mention they make argueably the best TV's and now the best Android phone who Apple is sweating now.

Do you really think if they werent putting out quality products that Apple would be using them in their products? :rolleyes:

Last edited:

chiefpavvy

macrumors 6502a
Feb 23, 2008
:rolleyes: Do you really want to get into this? You will look like a fool. Samsung alone makes many, many, many,many,many more products than Apple does.

Who cares?! I'm talking about phones here.

Samsung has 28 active phones out that you can buy to Apples 3 and they sell the most phones in the world. Add in on top of that everything Samsung makes from BlueRay players to Refrigerators, TV's, MicroSD , SD cards, cameras, semiconductors, Apples parts, etc, etc, etc, etc.....

Again, relevance? :rolleyes:

Thats just one company and they arent struggling. For something that isnt rocket science you sure are confused and mislead....blinded by Apple as i like to call it. Apple is a good company but c-mon....I dont think Samsung are having a hard time making quality products. Not to mention they make argueably the best TV's and now the best Android phone who Apple is sweating now.

Do you really think if they werent putting out quality products that Apple would be using them in their products? :rolleyes:

I didn't say they were struggling. I said they make almost nothing (comparatively speaking) versus Apple when it comes to pure profit on each handset sold. Which leads Apple to invest more in R&D and development and have more incentive to produce a better user experience. Which they have and continue to do.

Who gives a damn about TVs? You are all over the place.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.