Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

unixcommando

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 6, 2023
Hello,

I'm looking for a way to access my Mac running Ventura remotely the same way I can a Windows box with RDP. I know I can do screen sharing, but that's not what I want. My setup has Mac mini with 3 monitors, with RDP I can connect to a remote Windows machine and have Windows use all 3 monitors and will adjust the aspect ratio of the display to fit the screen. With Mac desktops I can sweep the Windows display to the side and can swap any of my 3 displays between Windows or the mini. With screen sharing I get a single display that is the closest approximation to the screen on my Mac which doesn't use the full screen and can be difficult to read.

Does anybody know of a tool that will give me the same features Mac to Mac as I can get Windows to Windows or Mac to Windows? My need is based on having a Mac M1 setup for work, instead of attaching 3 monitors to that machine I'd rather remote in, display 3 displays on my 3 monitors and use desktop features to swap between them.

svenmany

macrumors demi-god
Jun 19, 2011
I have used Jump Desktop in the past and found it easy to use. I don't have a windows machine available to test at the moment, but I'd definitely give that a look. If I'm not mistaken, it would be free to connect from Windows to Mac. The server software is free and the Windows client software appears to be free. The Mac client software is not.

unixcommando

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 6, 2023
I'll take a look. Though it's Mac to Mac that I'm looking to do. I just like the look and feel of how RDP works over screen sharing.

svenmany

macrumors demi-god
Jun 19, 2011
I'll take a look. Though it's Mac to Mac that I'm looking to do. I just like the look and feel of how RDP works over screen sharing.

I use it for Mac to Mac. I think I bought it when on sale. They do have a 14 day trial.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.