Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bob Knob

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 20, 2003
I've always had my TI 15" 500MGHz G4 PowerBook (rev a) calibrated to what basically was the stock settings, and I was thrilled with the depth and color... ok, for the most part the brightness is clanked all the way up, but it looked great.
When I got my G5 I also splurged for a 20" Cinema Display. WOW, did that make my PowerBook screen look old!

I installed Panther the first night on my PowerBook and have had no problems, and the system seems a little snappier overall, so I'm happy. This morning I finally got around to playing with the settings, and checked out the Display panel. I ran through the color settings just for the hell of it and let it default to whatever it wanted. What a difference! It's like my screen is brand new again... ok, the brightness is still cranked up almost all the way, but the depth is great and now longer looks pale next to my Cinema Display.

Powerbook G5

macrumors 68040
Jun 23, 2003
St Augustine, FL
I made my own Colorsync profile as one of the first settings I changed with mine. I named it "Deep Blue" and basically it is a darker, higher contrast setting that makes all colors look a lot deeper and richer. I love it and it looks so awesome with the brightness turned up.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.