Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Nightness

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 8, 2017
You will still need to do your first jailbreak with Cydia Impactor, this part of the jailbreaking process still requires a computer.

Ext3nder, enough said.

Last edited:
Reactions: spinedoc77

Nightness

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 8, 2017
#!/bin/bash
##
## Script to simplify the OTA installation of Cydia Extender
## "su", then "bash [Filename]"
##
read_dom () {
local IFS=\>
read -d \< ENTITY CONTENT
}
MOBILE_PROVISION=$( find /var/containers/Bundle/Application | grep yalu | grep mobilepro )
FOUND_KEY=0
while read_dom; do
if [[ $ENTITY = "key" ]] && [[ $CONTENT = "TeamIdentifier" ]]; then
FOUND_KEY=1
fi
if [[ $FOUND_KEY = "1" ]] && [[ $ENTITY = "string" ]]; then
cyextender $CONTENT
exit
fi
done < $MOBILE_PROVISION

Last edited:

hgrimberg

macrumors 6502a
Dec 2, 2012
Does this work? Or was cydia extender a big failure and Saurik is still trying to really make it work?

spinedoc77

macrumors G4
Jun 11, 2009
I'm afraid to, I know some of the other app solutions were scary because they came from China.

Nightness

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 8, 2017
Does this work? Or was cydia extender a big failure and Saurik is still trying to really make it work?
It worked for me, although I had to improvise some workarounds to get it running. The Extendlife tweak adds functionality to Extender. With it, Extender is useful for certificate renewal and resigning. This is still not a solution to the 7 day expiration (yet). Although considering the amount of work this is, it's way easier just to use the date trick with the Immortal tweak when you reboot. One thing I really like is that I can directly install and sign IPA files using Extender.

Last edited:

Nightness

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 8, 2017
Sorry, this is still considered semi-untethered by jailbreaking definitions. I thought untethered was not having to use a computer. So this article should be called "Re-Jailbreaking the yalu102 jailbreak without a computer, past the 7 day limit"

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.