Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TheGreatWumpus

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 21, 2012
Vermont
Hi all!

Way back in the day (circa 2012) I restarted the InsideMacGames podcast, and after a few episodes, I renamed it to my own thing. This ran for 30+ episodes, ending sometime in 2015. Honestly, I never did much to promote it. But I had some fabulous co-hosts, and we had some very fun episodes. I would say the highlight was getting Edwin Smith from Feral Interactive on for one of them!

I'm looking to (re)start a Mac gaming podcast again, and I am looking for one or two (or even three) reliable co-hosts to join up!
Also welcome are part-time or occasional participants.

If you think you could be interested, please read on for more info.

I am aware Mac gaming isn't in an amazing space at the moment, but I have an enduring passion for it and there is always something to talk about it. If you also share a love or interest in Mac gaming, you can participate!

How often?: Once a week. (Could change if that's too often. Maybe exceptions for super special events.)

Episode length?: 30-45 minutes on average.

Format:? We would cover any exciting news, give previews/reviews or general impressions of current Mac games. It could also just be anything we are playing. I want most episodes to feature a central topic that we round table discuss, debate or comment on. This could be anything from history, the current state of affairs, hardware/technical details like API's. Game culture elements such as violence in games, the infinite game problem, etc. Industry topics as well could be neat. We could do other lighter stuff such as "have you played..?" or "Indie games you missed on steam this month" or whatever. I have my own ideas but also open to any proposals from co-hosts or even listeners.

I very much enjoy interviewing developers and I used to do this a lot in written and podcast form. That's something I'd like to pursue that again and get devs etc on the podcast.

Tone?: Fun & informative as a guideline. We can be silly or serious as the topic demands.

Requirements?: Decent microphone/quiet background. The ability to show up at agreed-upon times to record would also be lovely. Would likely take place via Discord, though other options are available.

Other details: I want to get this on Apple podcasts and maybe other places as it makes sense like Stitcher. I'm going to reconfigure my current Macgamecast website to be streamlined to primarily feature the podcast. But there can be some writing or blog stuff on the side. I'd also post it here and at InsideMacGames forum and reddit as episodes are out and hopefully generate some comments or discussion. And/or there will Disqus comments enabled on the main website itself.

If the above perks your interest, please reply here or send me a message, and we'll get talking! I want to get this started as soon as I have some interested co-hosts. I understand you may not be sure and just want to try it out once or twice. That's also fine and I know how to work with others on that.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.