Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bckp0

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 8, 2017
The screen still comes down when I double tap the home button but as I swipe down in the grey area to bring down notification centre (or cover sheet as they now call it!) nothing happens. It can only be accessed by pulling down from the very top of the screen. It only started doing this after updating to 11 and it’s pretty annoying.

Anyone else have this problem/know a fix?

Thanks

iOS 11.0.2 , iPhone 6s Plus 64gb

Paddle1

macrumors 601
May 1, 2013
The screen still comes down when I double tap the home button but as I swipe down in the grey area to bring down notification centre (or cover sheet as they now call it!) nothing happens. It can only be accessed by pulling down from the very top of the screen. It only started doing this after updating to 11 and it’s pretty annoying.

Anyone else have this problem/know a fix?

Thanks

iOS 11.0.2 , iPhone 6s Plus 64gb
This is simply how it works in iOS 11. The iPhone X doesn't have Reachability so it seems it was either an afterthought or deliberately removed, not a bug. All we can do is send a report to Apple and maybe they'll add it back.

Paco II

macrumors 68020
Sep 13, 2009
Just discovered this issue in iOS 11. Real disappointment to find it broken/removed. Like the OP, I use(ed) it frequently to access the notifications list one-handed.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
I heard this was a bug and that it's on Apple's radar.
You sure that's about this and not about the 3D Touch multitasking shortcut gesture (which Apple said they removed on purpose and should be back in iOS 11.1)?

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Looks like iOS 11.1 beta 3 has this working already, so sounds like it should be back to how it was when iOS 11.1 is released.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.