Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Reacher (2022- Prime)- Stellar, no nonsense Season 1. The Reacher, Tom Cruise could never be. :) Rewatched the Season final in prep for Season 2. Season 2 Episode 1 starts off well! I chuckled at the Sara Conner reference. :)

IMG_3087.jpeg

Herdfan

macrumors 65816
Apr 11, 2011
Watched E2 last night. Looks like his "history" is going to be more aligned with the books than the movies. For example, he mentioned seeing James Barr in Indiana. That is where the book has it set, but the movie was set in Pittsburgh.

But keeping that in mind, I would swear BL&T was set in LA and Vegas, not NYC and AC.

Rationing them to 1 every other day. :oops:

Reactions: rhett7660 and Huntn

rhett7660

macrumors G5
Jan 9, 2008
Sunny, Southern California
Just finished episode four of season two. We really like it. Some of the quick comments he and his teammates make have us in stitches. Funny stuff.

Overall we are liking it a lot and it is different than the first season which isn't a bad thing.

Reactions: Huntn and Lioness~

Herdfan

macrumors 65816
Apr 11, 2011
Read that Reacher was renewed for another season. Mrs. I7guy and I really like the show.

As far as season 2 glad "Finlay" made a guest appearance.

Yes.
Was hoping for Roscoe, but as soon as I heard Boston....

Reactions: I7guy

Madhatter32

macrumors 65816
Apr 17, 2020
Funny that I read both books that the first two seasons were based off. Lee Child's Reacher is a guilty pleasure.

Reactions: Huntn

Herdfan

macrumors 65816
Apr 11, 2011
Funny that I read both books that the first two seasons were based off. Lee Child's Reacher is a guilty pleasure.

I like his stories, but his books could be 25% shorter and you would lose none of the story. He is very wordy.

That said, through E5 and very much enjoying it.

Madhatter32

macrumors 65816
Apr 17, 2020
I like his stories, but his books could be 25% shorter and you would lose none of the story. He is very wordy.

That said, through E5 and very much enjoying it.
Love the books because Child details Reacher's thoughts. Even the fight scenes are explained in detail both tactically and strategically. This aspect is obviously missing from the shows. Nevertheless, I do like the show very much. It's kind of like the old Person of Interest from years ago where you had a big guy going around helping people out of trouble and beating up bad guys -- sort of like modern day between batman.

Reactions: Huntn and Herdfan
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.