Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

acearchie

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jan 15, 2006
Hey guys,

I've landed a really cool job covering an event in Europe in as close to real time as possible and I am just trying to figure out the best workflow. Looking to pick the brains of anyone that has done anything similar?

So far my ideas are as follows:
  • 3 x shooters covering various aspects of the show.
  • Shuttling back to the hotel (as close to the venue as possible) with cards during down time with the other two shooters ensuring that everything is covered.
  • Cards left with editor and new card given to shooter
  • Import to two drives
  • Edits created in premiere with possibly some additional touches in AE for endslate + typography
  • Exports from Premiere...
Here's where I am stuck. The client is in the UK and I need to work out the easiest way for them to review and download content ready to post. I was thinking Vimeo but it's a little cumbersome from my side.

Are there any services that anyone can recommend that have Premiere Export plugins or something similar that will allow me to export, upload, display for review and have a download button (full res HQ files ~50mb for 15 sec @h.264) ready for posting on social media ASAP?

If I've missed anything obvious then please do let me know!

Any help much appreciated.

kohlson

macrumors 68020
Apr 23, 2010
I've done this, though not quite on such a large scale. We spent the morning getting the first batch of content, then back for lunch and handing off the chips to the editor (we used a quiet, draped off section of the conference center). Back from lunch, some more coverage, but wrapping by mid afternoon. We had a crew of 5 - 2 "talent" and 3 AV. The talent were also subject matter experts so we spent time with the editor to shape the output the way we wanted. This was probably 50% of our time. While doing this, the camera guy was off shooting b-roll. We were typically done by 6 - about a 10-hour day - for 3 days. The goal, and output, was a 6-minute spot each day/same day. We weren't doing coverage, but trying to tell a story based on interviews. Consider creating a scratch/lightweight version that can be uploaded for review.
So this worked (getting as story together - same day) because the reviewers (me) were in the room. If that's impractical, consider setting an iPhone on a stand that points to your editing screen, and FaceTime.

Last edited:

Unami

macrumors 65816
Jul 27, 2010
Austria
Here's where I am stuck. The client is in the UK and I need to work out the easiest way for them to review and download content ready to post. I was thinking Vimeo but it's a little cumbersome from my side.

what about the 20gb of cloud storage already included with your adobe-cc-membership ? you can upload the files/automatically render them to that folder in your pc, have it sync up automatically (just like dropbox, only faster, afaik) and then send a link for review (it has a "comments"-function) and download.

btw., 26666 kb/s (assuming you meant 50 MB, not Mb, in your post) seems like a bit much for uploading to social media - even if it's the source file that gets more compressed when uploaded. i'd go with 10000 kb/s for fullHD - or are you talking 4k - especially when considering facebook's crappy video quality.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.