Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ppdix

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 6, 2001
Miami Beach
I couldn't figure out a way to do anything with a simple JPG attached to an incoming email. I can see the photo but there is no command to save it, use it as a contact photo or do anything at all with it. MP3's show up as a blank icon and of course, u can't play them. It sucks that you can't use simple stuff on this supposedly state-of-the-art phone. Most crappy $29 phones can play mp3's and use them as ring tones, save jpg's and use them for anything:mad: :confused:

aristobrat

macrumors G5
Oct 14, 2005
My guess is that Apple will roll out more features like this through upcoming software updates. Who knows?

I mean, AppleTV's been out for a month or two and just now got the duh-obvious feature to be able to stream pictures.

ppdix

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 6, 2001
Miami Beach
Limited iPhone...

Yes, i agree, unfortunately it sucks to have Version 1.0. although this iPhone looks like an ALPHA version, not even a Beta. A lot of my friends are holding off until a new updated version comes in a few months. There are too many basic things missing that are going to piss a lot of people off after shelling out $650 for a very incomplete and limited phone. :rolleyes:

aristobrat

macrumors G5
Oct 14, 2005
Yes, i agree, unfortunately it sucks to have Version 1.0. although this iPhone looks like an ALPHA version, not even a Beta. A lot of my friends are holding off until a new updated version comes in a few months. There are too many basic things missing that are going to piss a lot of people off after shelling out $650 for a very incomplete and limited phone. :rolleyes:

I wouldn't say it was alpha or beta. What it does, it does well. And youre right... It is missing some features. But IMHO you can't point out the few things that it doesn't do and say the phone is horrible without giving it some credit for the things it does do well that no other phone does.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.