Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bmac89

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 3, 2014
Hello,

When I open a website from the reading list on my iPad Pro 9.7” iOS 11.3 and scroll to the bottom of the page it shows “up next” but it is always the current website and not the next on the list. I can not scroll to the next website (It just reloads the current website or the screen goes white). Instead I must open the reading list and press on the next website on the list.

Also a couple of websites disappeared from the reading list shortly after adding them. This has happened a few times now.

I have forced quit safari and “removed all website data” as well as restarting the iPad multiple times.

Anyone else experiencing these issues or have any suggestions?

Thanks

bmac89

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 3, 2014
Bump.

I have seen others mention the same issue but unfortunately no solutions so far.
Any help would be much appreciated, thanks.

Some websites randomly dissappearing from the reading list is particularly irritating.

bmac89

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 3, 2014
Dissappearing Reading list items is happening more frequently and is very frustrating.

I added about 3 or 4 websites to reading list yesterday and noticed that they have vanished today. I added them again this morning and they have disappeared again this afternoon. I added them back again plus some new ones and a few hours later 6 out of the 7 newly added websites have vanished.

Last edited:

bmac89

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 3, 2014
This bug is still happening many months later. The dissappearing Reading list items now happens every single time I add a website, often within minutes (otherwise within hours) of adding a website.

I relied on reading list multiple times every day, now I must share links to notes app instead. Of course this doesn’t allow offline reading but atleast the links are accessible at a later stage and won’t disappear.

I have tried everything I can possibly think of to resolve this issue with no luck. I can’t wait for some bug fixes in iOS 12 and hope it won’t be a disappointment in this regard. iOS 11 has been a total nightmare with bugs for me.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.