Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sflomenb

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 22, 2011
I was really excited when the "Up Next" feature for Reading List in iOS 7 was announced. What it does is it lets you continuous scroll to the next article in your Reading List without bring up the list to select the article. However, I was quickly disappointed when I found out that it does not work, and the only way to make it work was to close out Safari every time I want to use this feature. This happens on both my iPhone and iPad. Does this happen to anyone else? Has this been fixed in 7.1 possibly?

nightstalkerz

macrumors 6502
May 9, 2013
I was really excited when the "Up Next" feature for Reading List in iOS 7 was announced. What it does is it lets you continuous scroll to the next article in your Reading List without bring up the list to select the article. However, I was quickly disappointed when I found out that it does not work, and the only way to make it work was to close out Safari every time I want to use this feature. This happens on both my iPhone and iPad. Does this happen to anyone else? Has this been fixed in 7.1 possibly?

It's working fine for me.

You have to have at least 2 items in the reading list and you can't be on the last one.

ncaissie

macrumors 6502a
Dec 1, 2011
It doesn’t work in my iPhone 5. I see a what’s up next at the bottom and it shows me the top of the page but does not scroll to it and does not even let me select it. That would have been a cool feature.

sflomenb

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 22, 2011
It doesn’t work in my iPhone 5. I see a what’s up next at the bottom and it shows me the top of the page but does not scroll to it and does not even let me select it. That would have been a cool feature.

Yes, that's what happens. For me, once I close Safari via Multitasking interface, it works. But every time I want to do this, I need to close it and open it again like that.

ncaissie

macrumors 6502a
Dec 1, 2011
Yes, that's what happens. For me, once I close Safari via Multitasking interface, it works. But every time I want to do this, I need to close it and open it again like that.

Thanks.
That worked for me. A pain that we have to do it that way though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.