Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jeremy1026

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Nov 3, 2007
Yesterday both of my Apps in iTunes Connect had their status changed to "Ready For Sale" around 10am. How long should it be before I see them in the App Store?

Jeremy1026

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Nov 3, 2007
Coming up on 48 hours, and it still isn't in the store...this sucks!

BrentT

macrumors regular
Oct 28, 2007
I have had to wait 5 to 7 days for applications to appear. Updates have taken from 2 to 5 days as well.

Jeremy1026

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Nov 3, 2007
I have had to wait 5 to 7 days for applications to appear. Updates have taken from 2 to 5 days as well.

That doesn't make me feel very good :(. I really hoped to have them hit before the weekend.

admanimal

macrumors 68040
Apr 22, 2005

Are you talking about how long it takes them to appear after you get the email saying they have been approved and are ready for sale, or how long it takes for the whole review process?

All of my apps/updates (3 of them) have appeared within 24 hours.

Make sure you do a search or use "browse" in iTunes for the apps, as sometimes the release dates can be messed up and they won't appear where they should in the categories or the All iPhone apps lists.

BrentT

macrumors regular
Oct 28, 2007
Are you talking about how long it takes them to appear after you get the email saying they have been approved and are ready for sale, or how long it takes for the whole review process?

All of my apps/updates (3 of them) have appeared within 24 hours..

I was talking from the time the app went "green" as ready for sale and when I finally saw it in the store. I found them through a search about 6 hours before it appeared in the category list.

Jeremy1026

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Nov 3, 2007
Today is Day 6. I called Apple's ADC and after telling the rep my problem she took a (very) little information and told me that she will escalate my problem. Sounds like she was just attempting to get me off the phone.

admanimal

macrumors 68040
Apr 22, 2005
Today is Day 6. I called Apple's ADC and after telling the rep my problem she took a (very) little information and told me that she will escalate my problem. Sounds like she was just attempting to get me off the phone.

Have you tried adjusting the Available On date? Even if it was already set to a past date, I have found that adjusting it can sort of fix things sometimes.

In my case, I had an update to my app that was released on July 28th, but the app's release date in the store never changed from the original availability date of July 6 to the update day like it usually does. Later on I was messing around and I set the availability date to that day (August 3rd or something) and it updated the app's release date to the correct day of July 28th.

Jeremy1026

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Nov 3, 2007
Have you tried adjusting the Available On date? Even if it was already set to a past date, I have found that adjusting it can sort of fix things sometimes.

In my case, I had an update to my app that was released on July 28th, but the app's release date in the store never changed from the original availability date of July 6 to the update day like it usually does. Later on I was messing around and I set the availability date to that day (August 3rd or something) and it updated the app's release date to the correct day of July 28th.

Hmm, I will give that a try with one of my Apps. I'll report back if that is successful. Quick question, how far in the future was the day of August 3rd?

admanimal

macrumors 68040
Apr 22, 2005
Hmm, I will give that a try with one of my Apps. I'll report back if that is successful. Quick question, how far in the future was the day of August 3rd?

I don't remember exactly. I would set yours to a few days from now, save it, then set it back to today and save again. It will take a few hours for iTunes to update (if it does anything).

BrentT

macrumors regular
Oct 28, 2007

When I submitted an update I set the availability date to 2 days in the future, thinking that would show a newer date when it became available. What is did was remove my current app from the store for a few hours until my wife saw that it was gone. Changing the availability date back to the current date put the app back in. The availability date in the store did change to the live date when the update went live.

Jeremy1026

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Nov 3, 2007
I just tried changing the available date on one of my 2 apps to be tomorrow, just to see what happens. I'll keep you guys posted as to what happens.

admanimal

macrumors 68040
Apr 22, 2005
When I submitted an update I set the availability date to 2 days in the future, thinking that would show a newer date when it became available. What is did was remove my current app from the store for a few hours until my wife saw that it was gone. Changing the availability date back to the current date put the app back in. The availability date in the store did change to the live date when the update went live.

That is actually exactly how I discovered that changing the date could fix the other problem I was having.

Sbrocket

macrumors 65816
Jun 3, 2007
/dev/null
Not sure what your problem is, but my first update seemed to appear within a few hours. However long it normally takes for updated metadata on iTunes Connect to populate to the Store.

As for you experience with the phone support - the people there usually have to escalate the issue to actually get anything done. I don't believe they can directly change anything themselves.

bob_hearn

macrumors regular
Jan 15, 2004
Vancouver, BC
My apps have always appeared within a couple of hours of reaching "ready for sale" status. I've never messed with the availability date; I leave it at the current date when making submissions.

Craigy

macrumors 6502
Jan 14, 2003
New Zealand
Contacting Apple

My app seems to be taking a long to to appear. I can see where to email Apple in the portal but can not find a contact telephone number for them anywhere in the dev pages - Can some one post me a link with the details if possible.

Thanks

anyUN

macrumors newbie
Dec 4, 2009

How long did it take the existing version to be back after you changed the date back?
I am having a similar issue with my app just now and would like to know when it will be back.

Thanks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.