Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Do you think the Apple AR/VR Headset UI will more closely resemble the HoloLens or Quest?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MacsAndRuby

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 17, 2022
I'm curious what peoples take on the new headset are. It will be interesting to see what Apple decides to do with this hardware.

8KYUP

macrumors regular
Aug 7, 2015
I am hoping for a Passthrough centric interface that Applifies what Meta is doing at a B to B + level. I have the Quest Pro (couple days) and it is an excellent device but it has a few shortcomings where Apple can really shine.

I hope and believe that Apple will have critical apps (productivity, collaboration, design and creative) from self and key partners at launch that run natively.

Visuals (both imposed and passthrough) will need to be next level. Quest Pro is visually adequate for many functions so a mid-high bar is set. Apple shines there and I am hopeful that they can deliver this for $3,000.

Minimize the silly. Meta has this covered :). Cartoony elements weigh on this entire space. Eliminate them from all default areas and make them elements that need to be sought out if desired.

Apple needs to Edit. Apple is terrific at editing and omitting. Meta fails here. The Meta devices are incredible, and great content is present but they are littered with old/bad apps, frivolous nonsense and these elements take a user a while to omit or avoid.

Reactions: richinaus

MacsAndRuby

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 17, 2022
I agree. The Messenger experience is one example. It shoves Meta services down your throat and has a lot of unnecessary UI elements.

Reactions: bwillwall
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.