Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dominican

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 23, 2013
Do you believe Apple is out of control by selling Mac Mini with 512 GB in 2024 🤣

I was surprised reading Best Buy review on Mac studio and Mac Mini M2 Pro most people were happy with the purchase Even though it’s a rip off 512 GB

Do you believe 512 GB in 2024 is good ?

• Haha
Reactions: August West

jazz1

Contributor
Aug 19, 2002
Mid-West USA
Do you believe Apple is out of control by selling Mac Mini with 512 GB in 2024 🤣

I was surprised reading Best Buy review on Mac studio and Mac Mini M2 Pro most people were happy with the purchase Even though it’s a rip off 512 GB

Same for the MacBooks IMHO. Also, probably even worse 8GB RAM as base level memory! o_O

kent5

macrumors newbie
Dec 15, 2023
I don't care so much about the built in drive -- it's just the "boot" volume and everything else resides in externals or cloud.
BUT -- the "8GB RAM" is extremely paltry in today's world for a brand new PC, especially since it is not expandable and if you end up needing more RAM, you have to ditch the entire computer and buy a different one. :mad:

• Love
Reactions: AlumaMac and jazz1

Eric_WVGG

macrumors 6502
Oct 25, 2016
gentrification fallout zone

256gb is fine for many — maybe even most — users. Everyone I know stores their docs on Google Drive and does everything else in a web browser.

Think about every Mac sitting on a receptionists desk that's just dialed into some networked system where they check your appointments, what the hell do they need a local drive for besides storing their OS and Safari?

Not everyone is a power user or a photographer.

Hell, I'm a developer and got by fine with 256gb until I picked up a project that required Docker a couple years ago… now I'm on a 1tb SSD because that's the smallest they ship with M3 Max, 750gb free.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.