Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kendo88

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 22, 2010
Coventry
So the way I used to deal with favourites is when opening a new tab on my iOS devices, I would see all of my favourites listed as thumbnails, quick easy access. Before High Sierra, opening a new tab in Safari on Mac would show the same list of favourites, but now it does not.

My favourites are in the 'favourites bar', which I believe is where they need to be to appear on the new tab screen on iOS, but on High Sierra, they appear to need to be in normal favourites and not favourites bar?

what am I missing here? Thanks

Jaekae

macrumors 6502a
Dec 4, 2012
Forme itssame as sierra so its something with your settings or a bug in some extension or something

kendo88

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 22, 2010
Coventry
Yeah was weird. Could move the favourites around on the mac (where it is easier to do) in and out of favourites/favouritesbar or whatever folder and it wouldn't fix the issue. Just manually moved them all out of favourites on iOS and then deleted all folders and put them back in and its fixed the issue. Was probably a carry over problem from the beta as I know they did some changes to the bookmark syncing during the beta. Don't know how to delete the thread, but problem solved

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.