Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Just.francits

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 21, 2022
So i have iphone XS and i updated ios to 16.1.1 and everything seemed fine. Then the next day my internet wasnt working like if there wasnt wifi/mobile data module in the phone. So i restarted it and it got in boot loop. I tried all the solutions in YouTube. I got in recovery mode and tried to update/ restore it but i get iTunes error 4013 and i also tried to go in DFU mode and restore it with downloaded signed ios but I again get the error 4013. I have the newest iTunes and all. Please help me guys.

Lekro

macrumors 6502a
Mar 23, 2019
Your phone needs a front sensor flex cable replacement. 4013 and boot loop is a sure symptom of that cable is damaged.

Just.francits

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 21, 2022
Okay, but how did it broke? The phone wasnt falling or getting any water. It was working fine, but the wifi was missing the last day. Hardware couldnt break from one restart. Is there a way i can atleast turn it on? With the broken sensor. I have tried all 3uTools options and none of them work. They all stop on sending KernelCache.
Your phone needs a front sensor flex cable replacement. 4013 and boot loop is a sure symptom of that cable is damaged

Lekro

macrumors 6502a
Mar 23, 2019
The X and the XS has a design problem with this cable. The way it is bent in shape to fit in the phone often gives in overtime. I've also seen it many times bent incorrectly (forced) as the way it came from the factory. The only way to boot up your phone without repairing it is to disconnect that cable. You will not have earspeaker, proximity sensor, ambient light sensor and Face ID function for that time.

This is the one I am talking about:

And it breaks usually here (where you can see the 90° angle in the flex cable in the upper section):

You can see here how it is bent:

That 90° angle sits here in this space on the earspeaker:

If the cable is bent incorrectly, it can get stuck between the battery and the screen and there is not enough room for it there, so the traces inside the flex cable will break overtime.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.