Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Have you noticed DRASTIC speed differences with this new "Traffic Relay"

• Yes

Votes: 6 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • No different than with a normal VPN

Votes: 1 8.3%

• Total voters

Vonnegut5

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 29, 2020
I've had to airplane mode my laptop a couple times to get the "iCloud plus relay" to reactivate + if it doesn't basic web pages won't even load. Has anyone else experienced this?

cmaier

Suspended
Jul 25, 2007
California
I've had to airplane mode my laptop a couple times to get the "iCloud plus relay" to reactivate + if it doesn't basic web pages won't even load. Has anyone else experienced this?
Haven’t seen that yet. So far it’s been working great. But maybe that‘s because of my physical location, near apple’s HQ :)

Vonnegut5

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 29, 2020
What VPN address does relay give you? One in your own country? Can you choose a different country?
When I check the DNS / IP witch Apples VPN - it says "Fastly" as the provider...but it doesn't let you pick your country or anything...just auto.

mgworek

macrumors member
Feb 21, 2006
I haven't noticed it slowness really on my imac, in ios yes. I had to turn it off. It was taking 30-90 seconds for a web page to load sometimes.

On the mac, I do have a problem with some sites remembering that I am logged in.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.