Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

max2

macrumors 603
Original poster
May 31, 2015
If you had a choice of which one.

I know what most people are going to say here but at least I asked. Worth a try.

ian87w

macrumors G3
Feb 22, 2020
Indonesia
LOL, that's not a choice. Those two are completely different things. It's akin to asking people if they want to buy eggs or pencils.

One is a computer, the other is a phone. In a vacuum where I don't have any existing device (PCs nor phones), I would prioritize getting a phone as many aspects in life do require a functional phone, and many PC tasks can now be done on a modern smartphone. So my vote is for the iphone.

Reactions: max2

max2

macrumors 603
Original poster
May 31, 2015
LOL, that's not a choice. Those two are completely different things. It's akin to asking people if they want to buy eggs or pencils.

One is a computer, the other is a phone. In a vacuum where I don't have any existing device (PCs nor phones), I would prioritize getting a phone as many aspects in life do require a functional phone, and many PC tasks can now be done on a modern smartphone. So my vote is for the iphone.

Ok good opinion!

I already have a gaming pc. So phone it is! Thanks.

webkit

macrumors 68030
Jan 14, 2021
United States
If you want to compare MS products to Apple products, the Surface Duo 2 would be a more logical comparison to the iPhone. The iPad Pro would be a more logical compares to the Surface Pro.

KPOM

macrumors P6
Oct 23, 2010
It depends. If you have an iPhone 13 Pro Max and a PC from 2012, then get the Surface. If you have an iPhone 6 and and a PC or Mac from 2021, then get the iPhone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.