Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Hansana

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 2, 2014
I really love the Nokia E71 Pouch that came with the phone where you can slide the phone in from one side. Wish someone makes one like this for iPhones.
7fbf75bbc7a0fae25aaf67d8e18eef2b.jpg

Synomenon

macrumors 6502a
Apr 5, 2011
I really love the Nokia E71 Pouch that came with the phone where you can slide the phone in from one side. Wish someone makes one like this for iPhones.
7fbf75bbc7a0fae25aaf67d8e18eef2b.jpg
Not quite the same, but I used to use these with my early Plus sized phones. It was a very nice pouch type case:

ascNYC

macrumors member
Jul 15, 2010
I just picked up a Sena pouch that was 75% off. While it's made for the iPhone 14 ProMax it fits my 15 Pro Max perfectly. Great deal for $10.

Infinitewisdom

macrumors 6502a
Sep 23, 2012
What’s your use case for this though? It seems like such a hassle to have to remove from your pocket and then remove your phone from the pouch.

Reactions: Synomenon

headlessmike

macrumors 65816
May 16, 2017
What’s your use case for this though? It seems like such a hassle to have to remove from your pocket and then remove your phone from the pouch.
A lot of people like to use their phone without a case but still want some protection when the phone is in their pocket or bag. That's is one reason some prefer sleeves similar to this.

Reactions: Hansana and darrinS

one more

macrumors 601
Aug 6, 2015
Earth
IMO, any pouches are to be avoided for several reasons:

a) with soft pouches, a phone without a case will slide out of it as a bar of soap;

b) with harder or tighter pouches, if sand or mini stone, etc. get into it without you knowing, it might scratch the screen;

c) if you drop a pouch with a phone in it, the exposed phone’s side will get a dent, as the phone will slide out of its pouch on impact.

You are better off carrying your iPhone in a clean empty pocket.

Reactions: dz5b609 and Jarmo_

Autokon

macrumors 6502
Jan 21, 2008
CA
So, I have OCD. Legitimate OCD where I take medication for on a daily basis. Having said that, one of my triggers are my personal devices like my iPhone, laptop, airpods, etc. I carry my iPhone (15 Pro) and all previous iPhone's in a case and also inside of a pouch/wallet.

This is what I use: https://www.sfbags.com/collections/everyday-carry-wallets/products/cycling-phone-wallet

I love it. It keeps my OCD calm, and my devices are pristine come year-end when I sell and upgrade.

S7anley

macrumors member
Sep 29, 2020
Cheltenham, England
So, I have OCD. Legitimate OCD where I take medication for on a daily basis. Having said that, one of my triggers are my personal devices like my iPhone, laptop, airpods, etc. I carry my iPhone (15 Pro) and all previous iPhone's in a case and also inside of a pouch/wallet.

This is what I use: https://www.sfbags.com/collections/everyday-carry-wallets/products/cycling-phone-wallet

I love it. It keeps my OCD calm, and my devices are pristine come year-end when I sell and upgrade.
I'm going to go mental thinking the side of my iPhone might be rubbing against the zipper of that

Autokon

macrumors 6502
Jan 21, 2008
CA
I'm going to go mental thinking the side of my iPhone might be rubbing against the zipper of that
I certainly worried about the same. But, the wallet has very little wiggle room...so essentially the zipper back part just rests against my iphone's case. It's not super scratchy metal or anything. It feels like its coated with something to make it a tad softer.

darrinS

macrumors 65816
Oct 21, 2011
So Cal
I certainly worried about the same. But, the wallet has very little wiggle room...so essentially the zipper back part just rests against my iphone's case. It's not super scratchy metal or anything. It feels like its coated with something to make it a tad softer.
i have one too, bought last year when i got my 14 pm, and it is very nice and protective.

dz5b609

macrumors 6502a
Mar 22, 2019
That does look nice and decent price too. I'm a big fan of these types of cases as it lets me carry the phone more securely but also enjoy the phone in its natural state. The best of both worlds in my opinion.
It's not, 1 spec of sand or other dirt inside that pouch and you'll scratch up your phone. Those pouches are realistically probably worse than just putting the phone in your pocket or bag.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.