Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

circatee

Contributor
Original poster
Nov 30, 2014
Today, I purchased an M1 Mac Mini, 2020 with 512GB SSD.
Finished setting it up (manually), a few hours ago. And, started using it, as if I would on a day to day basis.

I paused for a moment, chatting to the Missus. Look around, and the Mac Mini restarted on its own. Then, I could not log in. That was because NO Bluetooth item would work (MX Master mouse and Logitech Keys keyboard). I had to borrow the USB dongle from my Windows PC, just to get back into the Mac Mini.

I am new to Mac, so, still trying to figure out how to get to logs, to see why it even rebooted.
Honestly, as my Missus would say, "Things should just work..."

circatee

Contributor
Original poster
Nov 30, 2014
From what you have said... My first question is did you enable FileVault?
I did! Trying to be 'secure'. Just read on Reddit, to turn it off. Doing so now, and will restart to see what happens.
THANKS!

PS: I would hate to have to return this unit. Talk about flipping FAST! And I am now to Mac, too.

MacCheetah3

macrumors 68020
Nov 14, 2003
Central MN
There are a few different threads about this -- one of the more recent

Whether or not Apple will change this behavior in the future is unknown. For now, workarounds include using:

• an (official) Apple keyboard and mouse/trackpad, wired or wireless
• a wired keyboard and mouse/trackpad
• a wireless keyboard and mouse/trackpad with USB dongle (e.g. Logitech Unifying receiver)

Reactions: circatee

circatee

Contributor
Original poster
Nov 30, 2014
Well, just restarted, and Logitech Keys keyboard and Logitech MX Master mouse worked. I was able to log in. Brilliant. Let's see how this does over the coming days.

Thanks for the help/tips.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.