Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nukage

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 12, 2015
I was having some problems with my iPad so I decided to use the Semi-restore app. I guess it removed the tweaks that keep iOS 8.1 from going into a reboot loop because I rebooted and now it's stuck on the apple logo. I wasn't even aware of this issue when I first jailbroke it because Pangu automatically added the tweaks necessary. If I restore from DFU mode, I'll lose my jailbreak and won't be able to get it back until there's a new one for 8.1.3, correct? Is there a way to get out of this loop without restoring? Or a way to restore into 8.1.2 instead?

Last edited:

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
Safe mode.

Turn off the iPad. Press and hold the volume up button. Turn on the iPad. Keep holding the volume up button until you get to the lockscreen.

Take it from there.

Pangu doesn't add any tweaks. It adds Cydia and it adds the necessary items for the jailbreak, but there are no unrelated tweaks that it installs.

Semi-restore must have removed something, or perhaps did not do a complete job of removing all the tweaks.

If you can't get into safe mode then a restore is your only option.

Last edited:

nukage

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 12, 2015
Tried that several times and nothing. Guess I'm going to have to lose my jailbreak.. what terrible timing, wish this happened last week instead of just right now.

nukage

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 12, 2015
Holding volume up does nothing.. I held it for probably 10 minutes. Is there another way to access safe mode?

AndrewR23

Contributor
Jun 24, 2010
Holding volume up does nothing.. I held it for probably 10 minutes. Is there another way to access safe mode?

Make sure you are pressing both the home button and power up button for like 30 seconds

Deetlebug89

macrumors member
Feb 2, 2014
Hold lock and home button for about 10 seconds... Screen will flash when it powers off suddenly

Then release both when Apple logo goes away

Quickly push volume up button and keep it held until iPad turns back on (keep it held until at home screen)

I find this to be the quickest way to safe mode on my iPhone, I hardly ever use it tho because I normally never have problems

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.