Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

phl92

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 28, 2020
I recently switched from Android to iPhone and something which is new for me and NoT useful at all, is that in my iPhone All my recent calls,no matter by which App (Skype, WhatsApp etc) get listed in the Recent list of calls. Thats super confusing for me and not what I want. Can I set up that I only get listed my recent calls from my actual Sim card ??

phl92

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 28, 2020
Wow really? Seems Apple is not really aware of an Pandemie. face id is also a feature which is super senseless with masks.
I have around 5-10 video conferences a day , I dont want to see this peoples call in my phone call list roflmao

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Apple allows apps that provide VoIP type of calling/conferencing functionalities to integrate with the calling system on the phone so that calls from those apps are treated in a similar fashion like regular calls, so if those apps take advantage of that they would be integrated with regular calls.

ericwn

macrumors G4
Apr 24, 2016
Wow really? Seems Apple is not really aware of an Pandemie. face id is also a feature which is super senseless with masks.
I have around 5-10 video conferences a day , I dont want to see this peoples call in my phone call list roflmao

I am not sure what the pandemic has to do with this wish of yours but rest assured they are properly aware of it, having produced and distributed tens of thousands of face masks themselves.

caelius

macrumors 6502
Dec 31, 2015
Innsbruck, Austria
Not possible to change this behaviour under iOS and while I can see where you’re coming from, IMO it’s great to have all types of calls in one list. Regarding FaceID: may not be the best solution during the pandemic, but neither is a fingerprint reader during winter (gloves).

lordhamster

macrumors 68000
Jan 23, 2008
Well on the flip-side, I just came from a Pixel 4XL. I had a missed call and accidentally dismissed notifications. I ended up having to dig through 8 apps to figure out what app that call came from and from whom.

phl92

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 28, 2020
Well on the flip-side, I just came from a Pixel 4XL. I had a missed call and accidentally dismissed notifications. I ended up having to dig through 8 apps to figure out what app that call came from and from whom.
I never used Google Phones but on my Samsung I never missed any WhatsApp, Skype call. However my Phone call app was always free from my contacts of work.
The problem I have is that sometimes I skype with people who I have to call later this day on their CELL phone. I had an awkward experience yesterday calling someone back on his Skype conference room and landing in a live conference of a company...
If Apple would make it at least very visible which App it is... but you have to look very close if its Skype, Whatsapp.... I really see no advantage in that. Can I download third party Apps for the Phone app?

lordhamster

macrumors 68000
Jan 23, 2008
I never used Google Phones but on my Samsung I never missed any WhatsApp, Skype call. However my Phone call app was always free from my contacts of work.
The problem I have is that sometimes I skype with people who I have to call later this day on their CELL phone. I had an awkward experience yesterday calling someone back on his Skype conference room and landing in a live conference of a company...
If Apple would make it at least very visible which App it is... but you have to look very close if its Skype, Whatsapp.... I really see no advantage in that. Can I download third party Apps for the Phone app?
I only missed the call because I was taking a leak at the time. By the time I got back to my phone and remembered I had missed a call, I had already cleared the notifications or it was buried I don't remember.

I agree apple should make it more clear from whence the calls came...perhaps by using the logo of the app in the calls list.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.