Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MetCat

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 21, 2021
My more recent contacts suddenly disappeared from my iPhone 6 Plus iOS 12. When I login to iCloud, the more recent contacts are gone as well. The contacts that remain are really old since way back. I have tried almost all of the obvious solutions posted online. Toggling on and off contacts, resetting network, signing out of iCloud, restoring from iCloud etc. I have only had my contacts on iCloud (not Gmail, Yahoo etc.). I have not manually deleted anything or installed any recent app that could be the cause of it. The only thing I can think of is that I have a notification saying that my iCloud is almost out of storage, which I have tried upgrading it but I am unable to. Not sure if that would help anyway. When I go to recent calls I see just the numbers with "maybe *contact name*" underneath. What should I do?

Reactions: mcapple1

tjayMBA

macrumors newbie
Nov 20, 2018
So this has been happening to me as well I’m the last week! iPhone 12 Pro on 14.4.
I can’t explain why, but It seems that when certain people text me, my contact instantly delete and I have to go to the iCloud website and restore a archive from weeks ago

Reactions: mcapple1

mcapple1

macrumors newbie
Mar 5, 2021
This is happening to me also. I use iPhone 12 pro and various other apple devices and have never had an issue. The contacts appear to be self deleting from iCloud! This subset of contacts is then synched to my devices. I have to constantly restore. Is this happening to anyone else?

Contacts disappearing

LFC2020

macrumors P6
Apr 4, 2020
This is why I refuse to use iCloud, it’s a **** show. Rather back up to a Mac.

Can’t Believe after all these years they still haven’t fixed contacts names disappearing.

tjayMBA

macrumors newbie
Nov 20, 2018
It appears to have actually been fixed for me. Apple initially asked me to do a iOS recovery, where the OS is reinstalled, but keeps your data. This didn’t work. Next step was a full wipe and restore and restore from iCloud backup, this worked! No issues since.

LFC2020

macrumors P6
Apr 4, 2020
It appears to have actually been fixed for me. Apple initially asked me to do a iOS recovery, where the OS is reinstalled, but keeps your data. This didn’t work. Next step was a full wipe and restore and restore from iCloud backup, this worked! No issues since.
Not buying it, there is still plenty of people out there who are losing their contacts names at any given time. been happening for years now, I'll stick to my Mac for backups.

Has been happening since 2013 till now.

Screen Shot 2021-03-06 at 7.34.32 am.png

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.