Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Hicksmat1976

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 12, 2016
Manchester, England
Hi all.

I am a long time iPhone/iOS user and I have Apple as my computer and tablet also, totally invested in the Apple ecosystem and services etc.

Recently I had an issue with my iPhone so I have temporarily adopted a backup phone, a Redmi Note 12 4G as a cheap burner device.

I must say I have been very impressed with both the device, the Android OS 13, and MIUI 14.

Considering this phone (£160-£180) is 15-20% of the cost of today's iPhone is staggering to me.

There are limitations of course as you would expect, but I have to say I didn't hate Android. I was expecting to having had earlier Samsung Galaxy S2/3 phones in the past but Android has come on a LONG way.

There's a a lot to like on Android 13/MIUI 14, and I can see how tired iOS looks in some respects.

Reactions: iterva

pixelultra

macrumors newbie
Sep 25, 2018
Boston, MA
You should check out the newer Pixels; some of the AI stuff Google does is staggering; it clearly shows how outclassed iPhones are from a usability perspective.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.