Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

WaveGawd

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 20, 2014
Brooklyn
how do i disable that. when I delete photos I want them off my phone, OBVIOUSLY.

anybody know what to do ?

gsmornot

macrumors 68040
Sep 29, 2014
No disable option that I am aware of. So, after you delete the photo(s), go to the recently deleted folder and hit select all then delete.

Tyler23

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2010
Atlanta, GA
how do i disable that. when I delete photos I want them off my phone, OBVIOUSLY.

anybody know what to do ?

Many people had issues where the accidentally deleted photos and couldn't get them back. I suppose this is Apple's middle ground. That folder is a safety net, in which deleted photos are caught. From there, you can confirm that you wish to delete those photos, and no longer worry about mistakingly deleting photos again.

Reactions: akash.nu

x34

macrumors 6502a
Oct 19, 2014
if we could only set time frames for deletion like 1 day, 1 week, 2 weeks, 1 month or something.

jman240

macrumors 6502a
May 26, 2009
The real question is why there is a folder like the for photos but nothing for iCloud drive.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
if we could only set time frames for deletion like 1 day, 1 week, 2 weeks, 1 month or something.
That would be a good idea, and not that much different than other similar time limit options that iOS has for a lot of things, including messages and attachments now.

WaveGawd

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 20, 2014
Brooklyn
Many people had issues where the accidentally deleted photos and couldn't get them back. I suppose this is Apple's middle ground. That folder is a safety net, in which deleted photos are caught. From there, you can confirm that you wish to delete those photos, and no longer worry about mistakingly deleting photos again.
Apple is out of line for not making it clear that this new feature exists. I stumbled on it, and in a person that makes it a point to know everything about my OS.

This is going to get a lot of people caught up, they should know better. You have to give the user some control with a feature like this

nikicampos

macrumors 6502a
Jul 23, 2011
Apple is out of line for not making it clear that this new feature exists. I stumbled on it, and in a person that makes it a point to know everything about my OS.

This is going to get a lot of people caught up, they should know better. You have to give the user some control with a feature like this

WHAT!!!!!

It's an ok feature, not a big deal, this just tells me that people will complain about everything.

Reactions: akash.nu

rorschach

macrumors 68020
Jul 27, 2003

Not making it clear? It's a folder listed right in the Albums tab.

Should they get rid of the Trash in OS X too and when you Apple-Delete something it's instantly gone forever and unrecoverable?

crashnburn

macrumors 6502
Nov 18, 2009
Not making it clear? It's a folder listed right in the Albums tab.

Should they get rid of the Trash in OS X too and when you Apple-Delete something it's instantly gone forever and unrecoverable?

The Trash/ Recycle Bin works.. Here no matter how much I ask it to Flush "Recently Deleted" using "Delete All" it doesnt do it.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
The Trash/ Recycle Bin works.. Here no matter how much I ask it to Flush "Recently Deleted" using "Delete All" it doesnt do it.
Sounds like something isn't right as it should clear things out from there when you do that.

crashnburn

macrumors 6502
Nov 18, 2009

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
It crashes every time I try. So I have to do 20 at a time and when you have 1000s of them from a long time then its a pain. It's not unheard of that people have 1000s or 10s of 1000s in "Recently Deleted" which crashes when trying to DELETE ALL i.e. Empty Trash/ Recycle Bin.

https://forums.macrumors.com/thread...photos-with-delete-all.1976794/#post-22993259
Maybe not unheard of, but seems rather odd and very unusual. Not sure why there would be that many from a long time as they get emptied out automatically after 30 days.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.