Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ROLLTIDE1

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 12, 2012
So I dug deeper into multiple bands last night with the 13pm and 15pm. So it seems on mid and high band such as 1700 and up the 15pm was weaker by 1 to 2 dbm. But on low band on Verizon band 5 and 13 the 15pm was up to 7dbm stronger.
I should have dug deeper into this before I returned mine . Thanks for the update !

brionna_14

macrumors newbie
Sep 30, 2023
Not glad that others are having this problem, but it’s nice to know I’m not alone. Verizon 15 pro max here. Data connectivity is horribly unpredictable. It could work now and in 20 seconds, nothing. Called Verizon today and they noticed drops in my connectivity but didn’t really give much of a resolution. Asked them to reset my eSIM, they also (allegedly) did some fixes in the background and still nothing. I’ll call Apple tomorrow and see what they say.

asafblasberg

macrumors member
Nov 19, 2018
I can confirm I'm also having this issue on the Verizon 15 Pro Max. In indoor places I got good signal strength with my 14 Pro Max. My 15 Pro Max is awful. I'm getting just 3mbps down on 5G. I'm thinking of returning the phone. This is totally unacceptable on a $1,199 device, and frankly unuseable as I can't even access the Internet indoors now. It's awful guys I'm telling you.

rbf1138

macrumors 6502a
Dec 22, 2007
Having an incredibly annoying issue with both my and my wife’s 15 Pros on Verizon. When we go out into our carport we often drop to SOS and then when we drive a half mile in a specific direction, we either get SOS or 5G but no internet connectivity at all. The only thing that will fix it is a reboot. Dropping to airplane mode and then back to cellular doesn’t work.

My 14 Pro never ever did this nor did her 13 Pro. It’s driving us crazy. Is this likely to be a carrier issue? iOS software?

• Wow
Reactions: ROLLTIDE1

ROLLTIDE1

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 12, 2012
Having an incredibly annoying issue with both my and my wife’s 15 Pros on Verizon. When we go out into our carport we often drop to SOS and then when we drive a half mile in a specific direction, we either get SOS or 5G but no internet connectivity at all. The only thing that will fix it is a reboot. Dropping to airplane mode and then back to cellular doesn’t work.

My 14 Pro never ever did this nor did her 13 Pro. It’s driving us crazy. Is this likely to be a carrier issue? iOS software?
Send it back and get it replaced . This problem is more common than you think and I am shocked that it hasn't made the front page of Mac Rumors

Reactions: Cape Dave

ROLLTIDE1

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 12, 2012
The fact that it’s both phones would appear to indicate its software or a cell tower issue though?
Then explain why some people are seeing this issue while others aren't ? Sounds hardware related to me but I would love to be proven wrong

ROLLTIDE1

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 12, 2012
How exactly do you reproduce this reception problem?
Try to make calls in areas like your house where you have never had issues before and drive around and see no signal where it's always had solid 5G. Side by side with my 12pro on the same network and plan seeing 2 to 3 bars on one phone vs the 15pro. I even dropped 2 calls with apple support in an area that I can see the tower from the window .

FunkyTang

macrumors 65816
Sep 16, 2008
Try to make calls in areas like your house where you have never had issues before and drive around and see no signal where it's always had solid 5G. Side by side with my 12pro on the same network and plan seeing 2 to 3 bars on one phone vs the 15pro. I even dropped 2 calls with apple support in an area that I can see the tower from the window .
Ok. Who is your cellular provider?

Hyloba

macrumors 6502
Sep 30, 2014
I just got my 15 pro and was most excited about cellular signal, coming from an iphone 11 pro which has horrible connectivity. I still remember the posts on here about the terrible Intel modem.

I only tested lte on one location here at home yesterday, and to my surprise the 11 pro had a few dB better signal. The 11 pro got about 9mbps down and the 15 pro a spotty 5 mbps. I will test this further the coming days on my commute but I feel kinda sad. It was one of the top reasons for me to upgrade.

Last edited:
  • Love

asafblasberg

macrumors member
Nov 19, 2018
Yeah, it is really disappointing. There were many places before I had reception and now with 15 Pro Max I barely have reception. I don't know how Apple dropped the ball on this. And considering the cost, it's just inexusable.

ROLLTIDE1

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 12, 2012
Yeah, it is really disappointing. There were many places before I had reception and now with 15 Pro Max I barely have reception. I don't know how Apple dropped the ball on this. And considering the cost, it's just inexusable.
are you going to return it and try again ?

Trematix

macrumors newbie
Sep 26, 2014
Also having issues with my iPhone 15 pro max reception with Verizon when I never had issues with my 13 pro. I get green bubble messages hours later and just today realized I’m having issues making phone calls.

Hyloba

macrumors 6502
Sep 30, 2014
I just got my 15 pro and was most excited about cellular signal, coming from an iphone 11 pro which has horrible connectivity. I still remember the posts on here about the terrible Intel modem.

I only tested lte on one location here at home yesterday, and to my surprise the 11 pro had a few dB better signal. The 11 pro got about 9mbps down and the 15 pro a spotty 5 mbps. I will test this further the coming days on my commute but I feel kinda sad. It was one of the top reasons for me to upgrade.
I want to come back to my post from last week. I have now tested the 15 pro on my commute and the difference between the 11 pro is clearly noticeable. Where I otherwise got regions of no signal or only edge I now have at least 3g and no interrupted data connection.
I am quite happy again with the switch.

ROLLTIDE1

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 12, 2012
I want to come back to my post from last week. I have now tested the 15 pro on my commute and the difference between the 11 pro is clearly noticeable. Where I otherwise got regions of no signal or only edge I now have at least 3g and no interrupted data connection.
I am quite happy again with the switch.
Have you called apple and had them run test on your device ? I should have my new phone next week and I hope that it's better or its getting returned and I will wait till next year .

tcaner

macrumors newbie
Oct 19, 2023
Also having issues with my iPhone 15 pro max reception with Verizon. I never had issues with my 13 pro max. In certain central places in Seattle, I get LTE and sometimes it just goes offline. It's so frustrating. How can we inform Apple/Verizon about this?

TLewis

macrumors 65816
Sep 19, 2007
This is an old thread, but I'm very happy with my 15 Pro. I have AT&T, and I typically got 1 bar of LTE with my 13 Pro. I still get 1 bar with my 15 Pro, but data transfers actually happen and are reasonably quick. Also, that 1 bar of LTE sometimes switches over to 1 bar of 5G, and that's really nice. Before, with my 1 bar 13 Pro, google maps would often struggle or hang. With my 1 bar 15 Pro, google maps actually works and I can pan and zoom.

I have my cellular set to 5G Auto.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.