Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Caitlyn

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 30, 2005
Hey guys.
Aside from this forum here on MacRumors, where are some online sites you visit to discuss Nintendo based video gaming? I'd like the place to have a nice community similar to here at MacRumors. (friendly, large, active and quick to respond). :)

Thanks!

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
Let me know if you find one! I find that outside of the Mac crowd you get some unfriendly folk :)

GFLPraxis

macrumors 604
Mar 17, 2004
We're trying to build one at NintendoPlayers.com, but it's still pretty small. MacRumors is one of the bigger ones.

Honestly, with ANY system, it's hard to find ones that aren't filled with kids. XBox forums have the Halo 12-year-olds, Sony forums have the GTA 12-year-olds, and Nintendo forums have the Pokemon 12-year-olds. Look for a more obscure one because the big ones (Nintendo.com for example) will have those children while experienced players seek each other out.

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
I'll join Nintendo Players in't morning :)

Oh! I recommend Neo-Gaf. Maybe not for talking but for reading. Hilarious people there.

twistedlegato

macrumors 65816
Jun 15, 2006
Offical Nintendo Forums

BUT!!!! Be warned:p

YOu are gonna get some tormenting you stupid cappy.:p (Once you join you know what I am talking about)

It is overcrowded and under-moderated. So there are hundreds of duplications. Spammers. rolls. You name it. But it can be sort of fun, and GREAT if you need in game help.

And when I say under-moderated, you can easily go the the Wii hardware section and make 4 threads titled I LOVE HOT DOGS! And then you will be called "lozer" and many people will send you to http://www.youfail.com

So I suggest join it. BUT do not expect it to anywhere as nice as MR.

Also I will join Nintendo Players.:)

twistedlegato

macrumors 65816
Jun 15, 2006
Just be warned that we're still very small. But we'd love to have you :)

WHOA PRAXIS!

Dude i signed up for your site and then found out you need a different account for the forums...

So I signed up for the forums and when I click sumbit info (or whatever it says when you sign up) up came a page that says banned.:confused::confused:

I click refresh and it says that I am banned. Can you please fix this?

EDIT: I cant even try to make anotehr one. PRAXIS my name was twistedlegato. So can you see if you can unban me? All I did was sign up:(

djstarrock

macrumors 6502a
Nov 23, 2006
UK, Scotland, Glasgow
We're trying to build one at NintendoPlayers.com, but it's still pretty small. MacRumors is one of the bigger ones.

Honestly, with ANY system, it's hard to find ones that aren't filled with kids. XBox forums have the Halo 12-year-olds, Sony forums have the GTA 12-year-olds, and Nintendo forums have the Pokemon 12-year-olds. Look for a more obscure one because the big ones (Nintendo.com for example) will have those children while experienced players seek each other out.
I joined your forum seems like a nice place.

Caitlyn

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 30, 2005
Yeah, the NintendoPlayers.com recommendation was good. Thanks. :)

I've been looking on GameSpot.com's forums, but as said, there are a LOT of 12-year-old Pokemon DS players.

Vidd

macrumors 65816
Mar 7, 2006
Mozlapunk used to be amazing back around the time the N-Game was at its strongest. They even coined the term!

Ja Di ksw

macrumors 65816
Apr 9, 2003
Wait, whoa, what????

Ok, Praxis, maybe you can help me out with this. I went to register at nintendoplayers.com on the forum, filled out my info (using the name "taiji fajin"), and everything seemed fine. I hit submit and my entire screen went blue. I'm not even joking here. After a few seconds of me wondering what the hell happened it took me to log in to my computer. Logged back in and everything seemed fine. I thought maybe the submit was unrelated to the really odd OS logout, but when I tried to hit register on nintendoplayers forum again it gave me this:

Critical Information

You have been banned from this forum.
Please contact the webmaster or board administrator for more information.

Any help?

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
I had a little problem too, it took an hour or so till the activation email sent. Originally thought it screwed up my registration somehow.

GFLPraxis

macrumors 604
Mar 17, 2004
We've been having bot problems, I think some of the mods might have banned too big a range of IPs. We've cleared out all banned IPs now, so give it another shot.

Ja Di ksw

macrumors 65816
Apr 9, 2003
still not working :(

We've been having bot problems, I think some of the mods might have banned too big a range of IPs. We've cleared out all banned IPs now, so give it another shot.

Thanks for the help. I went in and registered and it banned me again, though. At least this time it let me go to the forums and try to register, but when I entered and submit everything it said:

Information

banned

I've looked in my mailbox and gotten nothing from nintendoplayers yet. Any suggestions?

GFLPraxis

macrumors 604
Mar 17, 2004
The thing has a mind of its own; a new IP popped up in the banlist! :eek: Cleared it out, again...

Doesn't look like you succeeded, I see no account with a name similar to yours. Give it another shot.

Ja Di ksw

macrumors 65816
Apr 9, 2003
I think whatever mind it has hates me with a passion :(, I just tried and got the same result, banned again! Well, I don't know how much you want to deal with it considering you've helped me a lot already (and E3 is soon!), but if you can figure it out, or even set up an account and e-mail me the password (username: taiji fajin) I'd appreciate it.

Thanks Praxis.

GFLPraxis

macrumors 604
Mar 17, 2004
This time two new IPs appeared!

Try using an underscore instead of a space. No idea why, but I don't know if any other user has a space except the bots...

Otherwise I'll make sure I or someone will make a new account for you tomorrow.

Ja Di ksw

macrumors 65816
Apr 9, 2003
Just tried the underscore, no luck. Ok, thanks again. If someone makes an account for me you can just pm it to me on this account, otherwise I'll try again tomorrow.

Ja Di ksw

macrumors 65816
Apr 9, 2003
So, really old thread to bring back, sorry, but I figured Praxis has had enough time to stop drooling over his signed DS with Geometry Wars. I'm still "banned" from nintendoplayers.com when I try to sign up. Did you guys ever figure a way out around this? Thanks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.